Has anyone shot a kriss super v(vector) carbine?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by matute988, Dec 9, 2011.

1. matute988

matute988 New Member

Ive been checking one out at a local gun shop we live in new york so only a 10rd magazine, 16in barrel fixed stock version is legal is it accurate and have good range. Even if youve shot a standard kriss what your experience?

2. matute988

matute988 New Member

Bump please i need opinions.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats an ugly gun :eek: but folks round here think my pink tiger stripe SW MP 15-22 is hideous... each their own.

ive seen them in stores but didnt ask to check one out. it may be a bit till someone that has tried one or owns one chimes in. be patient its not a terribly common firearm.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Dude I dig your pink gun. It would go great with my pink fuzzy bunny slippers.

OP, I haven't shot that gun, but I've watched the manufacturers video and it looks like a pretty cool deal. The only thing I would worry about is the complexity of the design, but never having broken one down I don't know how complicated it really is.

5. TCH2FLY

TCH2FLY New Member

I have not shot one but a friend of mine did and liked it enough to buy it. He wanted the SBR so he is waiting on his tax stamp. I can ask him about it on Monday and will give you his feedback.

6. matute988

matute988 New Member

ThankS to everyone.

7. Lindenwood

Lindenwood New Member

I'd bet you would find a lot more info by Googling "Kriss carbine!"

The first page I saw was filled with a hundred times more info that you will get on any one forum, especially here.

8. matute988

matute988 New Member

i checked but theres nothing about a 16 inch barreled(ny compliant) kriss

9. TCH2FLY

TCH2FLY New Member

OK here is what I got from my friend.
    He shot a 16" barrel version and was very impressed (as I said he ordered the SBR). He said it was easy to handle, very lightweight but, as advertised, almost no recoil. He was shooting indoors at 25 yds and getting a 2-3" pattern without much effort. He would recommend getting the optional foregrip for the max accuracy.

He wasn't thrilled I brought it up .. he is having a hard time waiting on his tax stamp ;)

10. AZL

AZL New Member

I got to play with one....about 200 rounds worth....OH MAN OH MAN I want one!

ZERO muzzle climb, good accuracy, and fast follow up shots.

Ugly as all hell...but who cares? It's beauty is like the Glock...in it's function.

My friend is an LE dealer, and brought a sample to demonstrate. WEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

11. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Hmmmmmm. :rolleyes:

12. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

A 3" group at 25 yds is about 12 MOA? Not a very accurate rifle in my opinion.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

I think that "without much effort" would imply that he probably wasn't doing any benchrest shooting for groups. Ya know, like, yeah... you know what I mean.

14. TCH2FLY

TCH2FLY New Member

I used pattern vs group for a reason.
    See below

Exactly.

I asked about the accuracy and he said he was trying to get a feel for how it shot for self defense while shooting off-hand and held up his hands and said "the hits were all like this" made a circle that was between 2 and 3 inches.
    He rented it at the gun shop's range before he bought and ran one box throught it, I have no idea if the gun was clean or dirty or crap ammo. I didn't want to state a level of accuracy I couldn't validate so I said pattern. Kriss claims less than 1" at 25m.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  15. Frank44

Frank44 New Member

I've held one at a store but never fired one. Kinda cool looking but a little out of my budget.
    Atlantic sells them.
    KRISS