has anyone read mein kampf??

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by roosterjuicer, May 5, 2009.

1. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

has anyone here read it?

i think its interesting and important to read stuff written by important people in history both good and bad. I read fidel castro's book "history will absolve me" not too long ago and it was just a horrible read. One of the most poorly written books ive read, i dont know if it was cause of the translation maybe it flowed better in spanish or if castro is just a poor writer. it was a somewhat interesting, but I was wondering if mein kampf is a little bit easier to get through or is it pretty bad too?

2. flyingbrickracing

flyingbrickracing New Member

I haven't read it but I did read The Rise and Fall of the Third Riech
    Not by AH but very insightful if you are into history
    Mein Kamph is mentioned and if I remember it was a horrible read in its first draft and didn't sell well but when Hitler became popular it was rewriten and edited.
    I imagine it is a look into a very disturbed mind,it is on my to read for just that reason

3. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Why do you ask, Mein Herr?

4. mpd8488

mpd8488 New Member

In my opinion it's less important to understand Hitler than it is to understand how an otherwise modern, enlightened nation allowed fascism to come to power, losing its empathy and respect for human dignity in the process. Hitler was only one ingredient. If it wasn't him it probably would have been somebody else and I believe that the same mechanisms of war and genocide would have happened with any number of anti-semetic leaders.

Naturally, your mileage will vary

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  5. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

I read both Mein Kampf and Rise and Fall of the Third Reich back in high school (41 years ago). I found them both interesting in a historical sense because they reflected the attitude of a people and their leader at that time and place. My family is from central Europe (grandparents immigrated to the U.S. in 1900) so I'm just a bit interested in the history of that part of the world during the time my ancestors lived there. Grandfather and great grandfather both served in the Prussian army. I wish I could have met one or both of them.

6. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Charisma will get you anywhere.

Mein Kampf was terrible. If you want to read the ravings of a self absorbed lunatic, I've got over 3100 posts here and close to 10k more over at Jeep Forum.

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Read it, then try "The Audacity of Hope". Interesting.

Bear in mind that AH was a vegan that loved dogs.

If you're unfamiliar with the psychological make up of the man, try to locate a copy of "Hitler's Hangups". He apparently put alot of thought into minute personal details.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, before I got the paper that says I don't have to study war no more, I read it. Along with Sun Tzu. And the Federalist Papers. And Che Guevara. And Von Clausewitz. And Gen. Sir John Hackett. Seem to recall that MK was the worst of the lot, except for Saddam Hussein's version.

After week of reading Sun Tzu I was talking like David Carradine playing a Shaolin Monk.....

Yeah, my library at the house looks a bit strange. Copy of Koran, next to copy of Effects of Nuclear Weapons, next to Ranger Handbook. If it's what you do for a living, you study.

But nowadays I just practice the chords for Kum-bi-yah on my guitar.....:rolleyes:

9. WDB

WDB New Member

Sun Tzu, Art of War is a good read and shouldn't be thrown in with or compared to Fidel Castro's book "history will absolve me" and Mein Kampf and Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. Neither of those books are worth the paper they are written on when it comes to literary value.

"After week of reading Sun Tzu I was talking like David Carradine playing a Shaolin Monk" that is truly the worse expression I have ever heard from an expressed well read person.

10. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight New Member

Never read Mein Kampf, but I have read both of David Duke's books - neither of which were boring to me.

"Jewish Supremacism" is actually available to read online for free.

11. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

whats rise and fall of the third reich about? basically a history book? if so, ive read enough of those.

12. .22hustler

.22hustler New Member

I've also read a vast majority of it. You have to take your time, and really work on reading it. It is long-winded though.