Has anyone cerakoted their firearms lately?

Discussion in 'Engraving & Refinishing' started by hq357, Aug 5, 2013.

1. hq357

hq357 New Member

I dont like the bluing or whatever finish that came on my mossberg 500. Im thinking about taking it to get cerakoted as well as my glock , but i dont know what colors to get or any ideas! if you've cerakoted somthing show it off! Lets see what ya got! :)

2. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

These are some of the guns I've cerakoted for customers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

My Springfield Armory 1911A1

image-3280234362.jpg image-1661766507.jpg image-3275158366.jpg

4. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

Im considering having one of my 1911s done, still in debate on the colors. Lol. That A1 does look nice, is that just dark earth and black?

5. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Here is my 1911. I cerakoted the slide in Satin Aluminum.

[​IMG]

6. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have wanted to get my AR coated in a nice camo pattern and the silencer as well. Then I saw the amount of work and money involved as well as the turn around and decided against it.
    Nice work though. I like to see what others have done.

7. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Yes sir. It is much much nicer now! 10 years of wear on the factory parkerizing made it look like it came back from WWII. The smith that did the refinishing did a trigger job, beaver tail grip safety, hammer and extended safety at the same time. It's like a whole new gun now.

8. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

Im thinking of going with a burnt charcoal gray on my RIA Tactical, with black or SS controls. The factory parkerizing isnt very durable, but it handles and shoots great.

9. hq357

hq357 New Member

What is the name of the color on the glock slides? It looks nice id like to do that :)

10. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I believe they call it "black"?

11. hq357

hq357 New Member

Im talking about the guns argyle cerakoted for his customers i believe its called satin steel or satin mag or something like that

12. orlando_marquez

orlando_marquez New Member

Just refinished the heatshield on my SPAS 12-L.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Attached Files:

13. sandog

sandog Member

I have used Cerakote in silver and sniper grey. Not sure if you are only asking about a specific color, or whether you wanted to hear about satin colors only. Here is the Mini I did a few weeks ago in Flat Dark Earth. The Marlin .356 is done in Cerakote's "Sniper Grey", looks like a satin steel to me.

Attached Files:

14. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I love Cerakote. I'm using it on all of my AR builds now.

This one is Burnt Bronze
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1390572462.958360.jpg

This one is in Tungsten
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1390572540.106662.jpg

And this one is a mix of Burnt Bronze and Graphit black
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1390572609.523631.jpg

15. orlando_marquez

Nice touch to the Mini...

16. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have a nearby machine shop that will Ceracoat but they won't disassemble the firearm. I want my P7 done but the slide alone takes 3 special tools to take apart. I have none of them.
    The lesson is to take my parts in for coating on my next AR before I assemble it.

17. orlando_marquez

My Sig Sauer P220. Used the patterned stencil underneath the gun to make the snakeskin. The patterned material can be found at Walmart for 94¢ a yard. Wrapped the Sig in it 3 different times. 1 wrap for each color layer.

Attached Files:

18. va-firearms

va-firearms New Member

The possibilities with cerekote is really endless cerekote has around 100 factory colors and we do custom color mixes so that leads even more possibilities. Our turn around time most of the time is 3 days can take a little longer don't think we have had much go over five days i all honesty. We have a gunsmith who can disassemble and reassemble guns. feel free to check out our gallery for pictures of some of our work! https://www.va-firearms.com/Media.php cost wise it's really not that bad all depends on what your looking to get done. Cerkote is more then just a way to make a gun fancy.