Has any one ever heard of these

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Missfire, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Missfire

Missfire Member

Has any one ever heard of these rifles...
    Core 15 Scout M4
    BCA AR-15
    I was watching a video (recommended) on the BCA AR-15 which he bought for $450, nice looking and shot pretty well, when I went to save it I hit the delete button by mistake
    He also said something about the Core 15 Scout M4 he got for $600, but never showed it

$450 for a AR, but is it worth it

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Several members on here have BCA uppers, I have 7.62x39 BCA upper.

The 'rona has cut down on my range time and I have not shot my BCA upper yet.

3. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Well-Known Member

BCA (Bear Creek Arsenal) has had some challenges with accuracy with some of their barrels for some time. I understand that has improved a lot recently, but I cannot testify to that personally. I have a BCA upper that runs great, I have no complaints. Their prices are pretty good too.

bluez likes this.
  4. Missfire

Missfire Member

Just found a BCA AR-15 on Armslist for $479.00

BCA AR-15 Complete Rifle, 16" 4150 Parkerized M4 Contour Barrel, 5.56 NATO, Mid Length Gas System, 1:7 Twist w/ 12" MLOK

May check it out

bluez and schnuffleupagus like this.
  5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

When you are getting to rifles in the sub 400 ish bucks range you are never going to get a great barrel.. or one that has good hardness treating on it.

BUT most people dont shoot enough for it to be an issue... AND some of these rifles seem to be properly configured as a defensive rifle out of the box.

So when it comes to inexpensive ARs for folks ona budget..I always tell people "dont let the perfect, be the enemy of the servicable"

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    towboater, alsaqr, Gatoragn and 3 others like this.
  6. Shopfox

Shopfox Well-Known Member Supporter

It depends on your budget, expected shooting volume, accuracy expectations, tolerance for shipping things back to the OEM, and other similarly priced options.

I have a BCA .350 Legend upper. Had to send it back once. Accuracy is average, barrel material is ok, but not nitrided. It's fine for low-volume shooting/hunting, and I am satisfied with it for that role (and the low price I paid).

Depending on how fast you're looking to buy and your budget, try to hold out for a 16" nitrided barrel, m-lok handguard, and a mid-length gas system.

7. Missfire

Missfire Member

""16" 4150 Parkerized M4 Contour Barrel, 5.56 NATO, Mid Length Gas System, 1:7 Twist w/ 12" MLOK""

8. Shopfox

Shopfox Well-Known Member Supporter

A nitrided barrel will give you longer life vs. Parkerized. It really depends on how many rounds you anticipate shooting and if you have the extra cash to spend on the nitride barrel.

If you're ready to pull the trigger and buy, do it. Having an AR is better than not having one. A barrel can be swapped later down the road if need be.

JTJ likes this.
  9. Missfire

Missfire Member

I'm not planning on buying a AR right now, I just noticed the video and saw two AR's I never heard of
    May wait until after November to see if I will get one, if the commies win I may just stick with the BA rifle