Harris or Caldwell

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by mrb1982, May 5, 2011.

1. mrb1982

mrb1982 New Member

I am looking into bipods. I'm going to get the equivalent in each vendor that goes from roughly 13-29", I think they are both a little different than that but pretty close. I am also going to get it with the swivel. I am curious if these bipods are similar or if one is better than the other? I have used the Harris on a buddy's gun and it was pretty nice, but the Caldwell looks the same. Is there a quality difference or what?

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Of the two you mention, the Harris is far better. And the folks at Harris know all about customer service.

I picked up a Caldwell on sale a few years ago and it works, but is pretty "wobbly" with a rifle with any weight to it.

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Harris are rock solid ;)

4. yellowhand

yellowhand New Member

Harris

Got four, never an issue, from Rem 700 .308's to Ar's.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I made the mistake of buying a Caldwell and I ended up spending the money on a HARRIS.

Just buy the HARRIS and be done with it. Nothing ruins a hunt quicker than your rifle falling over because Caldwell is too cheap to put locktite on their screws. Plus I found that the caldwell offering was wobbly and the harris was as solid as a 200 ton granite boulder.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I went with Harris.

I'm happy.

It's good to be happy!

7. mrb1982

mrb1982 New Member

Safe to say that this has been made an easy decision. All anybody has ever told me is to go with the Harris, but the cheap side of me wanted to get away with a Caldwell. lol But you are all right, just buy the good one and be done with it.

8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Harris!! I bought 1 caldwell, Big POS.