Harley Davidson

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Sniper03, Jan 18, 2020.

1. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

For safety you could put a Stuka siren on it like the old German dive bombers.

OLD Ron likes this.
  2. Voodoo_Blue

Voodoo_Blue Member

I tend to do close, high speed, blow-bys of Harleys when I see them ahead of me.
    They freaken hate it and I always love it.

IMG_3117.jpg

Hairtrigger likes this.

3. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Id also suggest that Harley owners tend to be a bit older and a bit more mature, and as such, tend to avoid putting themselves in harms way, like riding in a blind spot, or splitting lanes, or doing wheelies down the freeway at triple digits.

4. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Active Member

Electric vehicles can have crazy power and torque, like the all wheel drive Tesla, but the batteries die in a hurry

OLD Ron likes this.
  5. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

The one I saw sounded like a jet going by at high rpm . I will just stick with my shovel head & make a lot of noise !
    :p

Sniper03 and ellis36 like this.
  6. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

Does it run on regular rice or do you have to use premium? :rolleyes:

OLD Ron likes this.
  7. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

On 91+ it’ll probably run a buck 20 in second gear. What do Harley’s do other than rev their bone stock straight pipe v-twins at stop lights for no reason and get the same fuel milage as a corolla?

I really didn’t want to get honest in this thread but I’ve let farts that sound better than a Harley Davidson and drove an 800$ CAR that got better fuel milage. Harley riders act like they own the road and do no wrong. My favorite thing about winter is not having to deal with bugs and Harley riders which I put in the same category of annoyance.

Voodoo_Blue and Hairtrigger like this.
  8. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

The stock exhaust system isn't too loud because it meets the federal standard of IIRC 86 decibels . You may never have heard a stock Harley exhaust system because it is now customary to replace it with loud aftermarket pipes as soon as one buys the bike . I suspect that you wouldn't dislike the Harley if everyone ran stock exhausts .
    There's nothing like a quiet walk on a Sunday morning in a small town on Main Street being interrupted by a formation of four of five loud Harleys . Fingers in ears time !

kfox75 likes this.
  9. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Active Member

Plus you have to dress up like it is Halloween to ride a HD...I am guessing the earth saving electric bike buyers will not wear leather?

Pasquanel likes this.
  10. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

If quiet pipes cost lives, BMW & Gold Wing riders would all be dead.

My POS shovelhead never made it to ten miles without breaking down

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Pasquanel and Hairtrigger like this.
  11. OLD Ron

To funny .... hearing the same arguments about bikes for over 50 years that I have had one .
    The rice burners have always wanted a harley but didn't keep a job long enough to buy one ! The only time a ricer value went up was when the price of aluminum went up . The dress up costume riders is true ....... they are the rice burners that finally kept a job long enough to get a Harley ! I quit going to Sturgis because of those fake riders . The ricers are fast ! ...... they just have no class like there riders .
    Just a old guy thoughts !
    :p

Wambli, sheepdawg and ellis36 like this.
  12. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Wow, I learned so much about myself from this thread. My Harley is too loud (I bought it from a cop, it has baffles), I act like I own the road, and I deserve to be angered from close high speed fly bys which endanger me and/or my passenger.

kfox75, Wambli, sheepdawg and 2 others like this.
  13. Voodoo_Blue

Voodoo_Blue Member

I don’t know man. I’ve got eight bikes and the slowest one is a Ducati Hypermotard SP . It cost more than a harley, handles like a dream in the turns, still tops out at 144, and it’s parked in my office.

IMG_7138.jpg

OLD Ron likes this.
  14. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

"I don't know, man." Styling reminds me of a hard turd. :D

The grin on my face was just after some fool passed me on a Ducati doing about 144! With a State Trooper in full pursuit! :):):)

ellis

Album Set 11_0015.jpg

15. Voodoo_Blue

Voodoo_Blue Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  16. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Bottom line if we all like the same thing we would have the same SQUAW! Wear the same CLOTHES! and dring the same WHISKEY!:p
    Indian Squaw.jpg

Rifling82, ellis36 and OLD Ron like this.
  17. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I've ridden and raced motorcycles since my first mini bike my dad got me in 1970. I raced motocross and AMA supercross tracks all over the country in the 70's-80's,also did some flat tracking and road racing back then. I never cared about what Brand of bike I was riding,if it was two wheels with a motor,let's go!
    When I was 16, I got a 1948 Harley Panhead basket case that was complete. It took me two years to completely rebuild that bike. The week after I graduated high school, 6 of my friends and I rode up to Yellowstone NP / Jackson Hole,WY. I rode my 48 Panhead,all the other guy's were on Jap bikes and said that I was crazy because I'd be broke down all the time. Guess what! I was the only one that didn't have any problems. It was slow as hell,but it just kept putting down the road. It was also probably the best trip on a bike that I've had in my life.
    I can't count how many different bikes that I've had over the years,Honda - Harley - Yamaha - Suzuki - Maico - Husqvarna. I enjoyed them all.
    I haven't ridden for several years,I just lost interest in it along with the traffic issues that we now have,it just isn't safe any more. I have 4 bikes setting out in my shop that I really need to just sell. It's just hard to get rid of them!

ellis36, primer1 and OLD Ron like this.
  18. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

I gave that demon possessed Harley away. Guy I gave it to thought he would put a few bucks in it and flip it. He gave it to his dad. Dad did not get it running. 80 FLH showed 600 miles on the odo in 2012, and I believe the POS barely made it to that.

Current bikes: A 1980 CT110 and a 74 CT90. No time or funds to get them running.

Trez likes this.
  19. OLD Ron

There that is it !
    I never did care who had what kind of bike ...... if they were fun & safe to ride with .... I always had a good time . It is all about the ride . In 1968 I went to Ca. on my CH . Had $20 in my pocket & worked my way out there & back . Odd jobs for food & gas .... then on my way again . Meeting new people & seeing how others live .... work ..... & have fun . That is what a bike is all about . Posers miss all that about bikes & what they mean .

Txhillbilly, ellis36 and primer1 like this.
  20. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

That a high performance bike. You have to feed it Saki...

ellis36, sheepdawg and OLD Ron like this.