Hard pistol cases

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by BullseyePrecision, Jan 9, 2012.

1. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Anyone know of any good hard pistol cases for multiple cases with foam that u can customize for your pistols

2. nastyogre

nastyogre New Member

Pelican makes a 6 pistol case and it holds two extra mags per gun. Hard to get a better case than that. They're pricy but you'll never have to buy another case in your life. :)

3. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I have an ICC (impact case co.) that is awesome. Heavy gauge aluminum, and heavy duty steel hardware. Mine is a 2 or 3 gun, depending on size. They make them in many sizes.

image-4040523896.jpg

image-323232987.jpg

image-1222001391.jpg

4. BullseyePrecision

Ya I have definatley looked at those and they are very nice and very pricey.

5. Jkl-28

Jkl-28 New Member

I like either pelican or stem cases... They are awesome! Water resistant, sturdy,they have foam that u can cut and customize, you can travel with them, and they are tough!

6. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

+1 on Pelican.

And check out some of the cases at Bass pro and Cabelas. They have a ton.

7. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

Nice case. How heavy is it for airline travel. Will it fit in your suit case?

8. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

The one I have is right at 4.5 lbs dry.

15x10x4.5 so it will fit in most suitcases, just not sure how much more stuff you'd get in with it.

9. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

Thanks I travel allot so I need a small carry case.

10. BullseyePrecision

Are the pelican cases customizable?

11. Ruzai

Ruzai New Member

YES. I've got one of their bigger models. I can actually fit 8 pistols in my case.
    Its got the little square foam that you can cut out for any of your guns.
    I had to fly a few times and since TSA's butthole got tighter about how you fly guns in your baggage so I figured while I'm at it I'll just make a long term investment and get something built nicely. Its held up to Denver baggage handlers several times around, so it's definitely worth the money.
    $3K worth of pistols to fly with...yeah its probably a good idea to invest in something good right?

My only complaint about the Pelican case is that when you cut the foam squares out they get EVERYWHERE. Oh well.

12. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

I use the neat little tool cases sold by Harbor Freight. :D

13. BullseyePrecision

And they cost 3 dollars right lol