Hard Case for Scoped Rifles

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Virginia58, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Virginia58

Virginia58 Member Supporter

I am looking for a hard case that will hold (2) scoped rifles with at least 4-12x scopes. The Plano Pro-Max model below felt pretty solid and has (6) latches and weatherproof seals. Is anyone familiar with this case or have case recommendation?

Thanks!

Pro-Max double scoped rifle case patented pillarlock system protects firearms. Holds two scoped rifles with large objective lenses. Poly tie-down straps holds firearms firmly in place. Six heavy duty latches. Lockable/airline approved.

Dimensions :53.875" x 19" x 5.625"
    Weight: 18.60 lb

Attached Files:

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The biggest thing I have found with airline hard cases is that the pressure needs a way to be released when you get them back. Aside from the monkey's throwing them this way and that in "handling" - just about any hardside case will do.

I have an aluminum one that was "rated for travel" that I had to purchase to send some weapons home that I inherited. It looks like I dragged it behind the truck for the 3,000 mile trip home. It's in such bad shape it can't be used again, so definitely go with plastic and something that locks.

I only buy Pelican cases, because of their guarantee, the lock and they have an air pressure release valve.

Try to open an air tight case that has been depressurized without a release valve. It's like trying to pry Jack off fresh tail after a LRRP in the jungle. :cool:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

The Pro-Max case would indeed be very good rifle storage and protection cases for all ground travel and transport...and at half the price!

But, I too prefer the Pelican cases and their reputation for air travel, and mainly for the same exact reasons JD stated. YMMV

...And that's the truth! :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
  4. Virginia58

Virginia58 Member Supporter

Thanks guys. I'm familiar with Pelican cases for photography gear, and I know they make good solid products. I'll check out the links and see what I can afford. Spent good money on the rifles, might as well protect them.

5. Switchbarrel

Switchbarrel New Member

Cases

As mentioned,

Pelican is very nice, easy to use latches.

Starlight makes a nice case as well.

Storm rifle cases look pretty good.

-Rick