Happy opening day!

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by PrimePorkchop, Oct 1, 2012.

1. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Perfect brisk morning air and seen 9 deer so far ... Good luck hunters!

image-2111027508.jpg

image-3271174503.jpg

image-657126559.jpg

2. fmj

fmj New Member

Good luck!!

I am hoping to get to the stand this afternoon.

But its not looking to good:mad:

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

good luck.. i am not going out for bow this year. too busy a summer with no practice time. my time will come in november. but i do enjoy bowhunting. maybe i can return next year!. good luck

4. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

that 2nd picture...it's hard to tell....iPhone camera sucks, but that's two bucks early in the morning =)

5. tri70

tri70 New Member

I am waiting for a good frost here, I hate those stinking little seed ticks! Good luck everyone!

6. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

Good luck to all you "able-bodied" folks - I am missing this season with this damned ankle.

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Saw 11 or 12 total yesterday and closed the deal on a fat doe 166# about 15 min before legal ending hrs.
    stepped it off today 58 yards in a open bean field . I usually never take that distance of a shot because its usually unethical to do so and it usually never turns out the way it should ,but there was no wind and she gave me the perfect opportunity . 35-40 is usually max and in the woods 25 yds is usually tops because of how thick it is .

8. WhelanLad

WhelanLad New Member

9. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I'm going to guess this was with a bow.

10. Fireguy4

Fireguy4 New Member

Great job man!

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yes it was

Attached Files:

12. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I have been bow hunting since I was 13 and I have NEVER gotten a deer on opening day. :mad:

:D

13. TLuker

TLuker New Member

One Down

I couldn't go opening day (Oct.1) but I did manage to get one with the smoke pole this morning, which was my first hunt for the season.

One.jpg

This is the first year I've been able to hunt in a really long time and this doe was a good confidence builder. I made a few rookie mistakes but I also did a lot of things right. Experience, instinct, or whatever you want to call it kicked in and that was the difference between taking a deer on the first trip in long time and not. The one thing that surprised me was how sad I felt when I saw her on the ground. I guess that's the difference time makes? But it was a good kill and she will provide some really good venison.

One more in the freezer like this and it'll be time to hunt horns!

Everyone have a good season!!!:)

14. onetohunt

onetohunt New Member

I have had a little luck so far this year. I killed a slickhead with the bow so far in Missouri. I went to Wyoming the first of October and killed 3 speedgoats, 1 buck with the Cooper 25-06 and two does with the Knight muzzleloader. Here are a couple of pics.
    2012-1.jpg

firstspeedgoat.jpg

thirdspeedgoat.jpg

15. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i have to wait till nov 17th for my chance

16. truk

truk New Member

i was able to get out for the 2 day early doe season in michigan, first saw nothing but bucks of course, the second day i was fortunate enough to tag a doe with the modern muzzle loader

Attached Files:

• 051.jpg
      051.jpg
      File size:
      21.1 KB
      Views:
    • 035.jpg
      035.jpg
      File size:
      30.8 KB
      Views:
  17. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Nice.. This thread is getting me hyped up!

18. Centurian22

Centurian22 New Member

I just started hunting last year and only had 3 days before going back to work (4weeks on 2 weeks off) but this year my whole time home falls in the first two weeks of our firearm season in Maine. I will be in the woods / under the powerlines every legal minute I can until I get my buck. Nice harvests everyone and keep the pics / stories coming. Can't wait to put boot to field and lead to vitals.

19. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

We stuff our first batch of brats last night and they are going in the smokehouse today and the freezer tonight . MMMMMMMMMM Goooooooooooooddddddddd, Couldnt wait we threw a few on the grill last night just to sample them and they needed a little more pork in them but they tasted fantastic , cant wait to try the smoked ones

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Perfect! Do you ship? :D