Happy New Year! Whatcha doin'?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lonyaeger, Dec 31, 2010.

1. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Happy New Year to all my friends. The FTF is a great place to be!

My wife and I have an annual New Year's Eve tradition. We go that day to a high-end grocery store called Central Market. We usually buy the biggest lobsters we can find and completely gorge ourselves and drink as much wine and champagne as we can hold. Obviously, we do this at home....we never go out.

But this year, she'll be getting her lobster, but you guys have me craving steak so much that I think I'll get a dry-aged Wagyu strip or ribeye and smother it with Chimichurri.....unless Skull can come up with that recipe before the zero hours.

Whatch y'all doin' tonight?

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

3. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

I was planning on goin' down town with some friends, but I was freakin' tired as hell, so I'm just gonna have a glass of Jack Daniels Single Barrel (I'm gonna try a sip straight and see if I'm a man yet, then probably drown it in coke)

Then sleep. Oh any maybe talk to my family on skype, and be very glad 2010 is over. This year can kiss Lady Gaga's dick.

4. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I'm not doing anything. I'm soooo glad 2010 is over...

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Uber, remember this is the Clubhouse.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

right now typing on teh interweb and watching three stooges on amc. they got a stooge marathon tommorrow gonna watch that too.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I love shots of Jack Daniels and I won't ever be a man!

If I do anything tonight it will be go to my daughter's apartment and play Wii with her and one of her friends and drink some wine. I may just choose to stay home and go to sleep. I do have three nights off, though.

8. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Maybe you should come to Supr's palace of love...?

9. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

Shots are different. I was talkin' about Mr. D on the rocks.

Oh and it's 2011 now. Things are still the same except my computer is trying to choke me with some of my USB device's cables.

10. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Add a splash of water. Don't ruin the Single Barrel!

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Why? Is the Pengie going to be there?

12. suprdave

suprdave New Member

You can call it Pengie or whatever you want!

13. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

It has 3 of those letters in it, am I right? :p

Oh and splash of water? Hot cold, room temp or what? And should it still be on the rocks?

14. suprdave

suprdave New Member

On the rocks, three fingers of JDSB, splash of tap water(doesn't matter on the temp. If you don't like it like that, give the bottle to someone else! That is good stuff...too good for coke!

15. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Oh, that's FUNNY right there!

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Nothing special or unique. Watch some movies, drink some adult beverages. Will likely be asleep by 1230.
    I never claiming to particularly interesting or exciting.

17. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

We will stay home since there will be mayhem on the streets.

We have two traditions we follow:

1. We open the front door and let the New year in and open the back door and let the old year out.

2. We each make a list of things that we'd like to let go, such as health or finance or whatever issues we want to put behind us. Then we burn them at midnight to start the New Year fresh.

18. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Well, I’m at work and will be until 1600 hrs when I get to close the cargo lot and head to the house. Glass goes to work at 1700 and will work until 0300 unless she has calls or has to cover district for guys booking suspects in jail so I will probable not see her until early tomorrow morning. I’m going to a friend’s house tonight to see in the New Year with a cold beer, good friends and a prayer that Glass comes home safe and in one piece.

Happy New Year to all of our FTF family and may the Gods smile on you in the coming year. Stay safe.

Scubie & Glass

Attached Files:

19. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

I'm gonna take a look through my narcotics collection for something fun

20. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

What Scubie said. :cool:

I could not have said it any better! :D