Happy Monday Morning.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Jun 11, 2012.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It's Monday. What are you looking forward to or dreading this coming week. I am working some long hours due to co-workers being on vacation. It's only for two weeks but I really like my days off. :) It's going to be hot this week, too. Nothing much planned for me this week but to work and sleep. I hope you all have more exciting stuff to do this week than I do.

2. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

I get my day 7 rabies shots today yeaaaa me rawwwwwwwwwww

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Debating whether I should pull the boat out and go fishing.

Just a small boat- a 14 ft Alumacraft Jon boat. Couple of local lakes open to the public for fishing- no speedboats, jet skis, etc. No gasoline engines allowed- but I have 2 65 lb thrust electric motors that will move the boat along pretty snappily- peace, tranquility, lily pads, and large mouth bass.

Anarchist-in-training has her last day of school this week- they skip final exams if they have an A average in a subject, so this year she has one exam- Orchestra. Considering some day trips with her to go exploring- but ocean or mountains?

Middle grandson has just gotten his learner's permit, so spending a few hours with him getting in some wheel time- large CLOSED shopping center- letting him practice turning, reversing, parking, etc away from traffic. Having taught wife to drive a 4 speed, and coaching 4 kids (and 2 grandkids so far) I have a better appreciation for Instructor Pilots. :eek:

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Mulie- that is a bummer- I feel for you, man. But beats the hell out of the alternative. One of the reasons I try to keep the raccoons thnned out around our place is rabies.

5. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I'm looking forward to getting off shift in a couple of hours and going home to sleep. Then off the next two days, work three, off two, then back to day watch instead of this midnight - 8am garbage.

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I've got a lot of work to do this week. The last few weeks have been hectic for me, so this week I WILL get a lot of shop time.

7. winds-of-change

I hope they are keeping you on a short leash and be sure not to bite anybody. LOL Just teasing. You know I'm behind you 100%. Don't let it ruin your vacation. Are you on an antibiotic, too?

And C3, can I go with you? Oh, wait, I have to sleep so I can work tonight. :(

8. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Yes im also on anti's an yea they make me get into a xtra large pet taxi for my shots in case it hurts an i bite

9. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

The shots arent so bad its the side affects i feel like i have the flu an my joints hurt all over just kinda stinks pal

10. winds-of-change

I hope the side affects don't last very long and you feel better soon. Someday soon this will all be behind you.

11. tri70

tri70 New Member

I'm excited I get a new co-worker, she will be my new buyer, I am a site manager for a tool crib at a Kennametal plant. It's slow now and training will be easier than when it's busy. I ref an adult basketball league to make my mad money for guns and accessories, that will start tonight at 6:30 and I will get home around 10:30, long day for me. I sell fireworks too, finalizing our set up for our stand, watching storms. And kid sports, my old has a high school practice game in Ft Smith, my son 9yr old, has a football camp today as well. I won't see any family today or possibly tonight, long day.

12. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

I'm off work for a few weeks after major oral surgery. I'm just waiting for my gums to heal more so I can wear my dentures enough to get them "adjusted" to fit correctly. For me, it's just trips to the dentist for scheduled check-up appointments and then basically sitting around my apartment reading or napping. It's kind of nice, in a way, because for a while I don't have to put up with the transportation issues getting to and from work. Not to mention that I'm not gone 14 or so hours a day from home.

13. winds-of-change

I hope you aren't in too much pain and can kind of enjoy your time off.

14. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

my mondays for next 2.5 months: sleep at 3am in the night wake up at 10am in morning :)...except today i did allnighter :D

15. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

What the hell u do all night kid, never mind i dont wanna know lol go to bed boy

16. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Mulie that does suck, good luck with it.

Raccoon are for target practice here too along with opossums and crows and copperheads.

17. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

I keep sayin it could have been worse like a 650 lb woman covered in butter, rabid, with love on the mind, but phewwwwww weeee it was only a lil swift fox

18. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I am looking forward to finishing a 6 month project truck that I have been working on. I have been converting a 87 Chevy truck into a mild hot rod, new engine, switching from an T350 automatic to a T-56 6speed, all new exhaust, switching from bench seats to leather power buckets. If this guy changes his mind one more time I'm gonna........well scream... then shoot several targets out back.:D

19. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Wow talk about looking on the bright side....yeah it could have been worse.:p

I don't see many fox out here, well the 4 legged kind, I know that they are around, just don't see them. Going to have to put them on the not welcome list too.

20. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Yes they need to get on the not welcome banner