Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
34,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Monday. What are you looking forward to or dreading this coming week. I am working some long hours due to co-workers being on vacation. It's only for two weeks but I really like my days off. :) It's going to be hot this week, too. Nothing much planned for me this week but to work and sleep. I hope you all have more exciting stuff to do this week than I do.

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
winds-of-change said:
It's Monday. What are you looking forward to or dreading this coming week. I am working some long hours due to co-workers being on vacation. It's only for two weeks but I really like my days off. :) It's going to be hot this week, too. Nothing much planned for me this week but to work and sleep. I hope you all have more exciting stuff to do this week than I do.
I get my day 7 rabies shots today yeaaaa me rawwwwwwwwwww

·
Administrator
26,170 Posts
Debating whether I should pull the boat out and go fishing.

Just a small boat- a 14 ft Alumacraft Jon boat. Couple of local lakes open to the public for fishing- no speedboats, jet skis, etc. No gasoline engines allowed- but I have 2 65 lb thrust electric motors that will move the boat along pretty snappily- peace, tranquility, lily pads, and large mouth bass.

Anarchist-in-training has her last day of school this week- they skip final exams if they have an A average in a subject, so this year she has one exam- Orchestra. Considering some day trips with her to go exploring- but ocean or mountains?

Middle grandson has just gotten his learner's permit, so spending a few hours with him getting in some wheel time- large CLOSED shopping center- letting him practice turning, reversing, parking, etc away from traffic. Having taught wife to drive a 4 speed, and coaching 4 kids (and 2 grandkids so far) I have a better appreciation for Instructor Pilots. :eek:

·
Administrator
26,170 Posts
Mulie- that is a bummer- I feel for you, man. But beats the hell out of the alternative. One of the reasons I try to keep the raccoons thnned out around our place is rabies.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm looking forward to getting off shift in a couple of hours and going home to sleep. Then off the next two days, work three, off two, then back to day watch instead of this midnight - 8am garbage.

·
Banned
10,243 Posts
I've got a lot of work to do this week. The last few weeks have been hectic for me, so this week I WILL get a lot of shop time.

·
Administrator
34,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get my day 7 rabies shots today yeaaaa me rawwwwwwwwwww
I hope they are keeping you on a short leash and be sure not to bite anybody. LOL Just teasing. You know I'm behind you 100%. Don't let it ruin your vacation. Are you on an antibiotic, too?

And C3, can I go with you? Oh, wait, I have to sleep so I can work tonight. :(

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
winds-of-change said:
I hope they are keeping you on a short leash and be sure not to bite anybody. LOL Just teasing. You know I'm behind you 100%. Don't let it ruin your vacation. Are you on an antibiotic, too?

And C3, can I go with you? Oh, wait, I have to sleep so I can work tonight. :(
Yes im also on anti's an yea they make me get into a xtra large pet taxi for my shots in case it hurts an i bite

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
c3shooter said:
Mulie- that is a bummer- I feel for you, man. But beats the hell out of the alternative. One of the reasons I try to keep the raccoons thnned out around our place is rabies.
The shots arent so bad its the side affects i feel like i have the flu an my joints hurt all over just kinda stinks pal

·
Administrator
34,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The shots arent so bad its the side affects i feel like i have the flu an my joints hurt all over just kinda stinks pal
I hope the side affects don't last very long and you feel better soon. Someday soon this will all be behind you.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm excited I get a new co-worker, she will be my new buyer, I am a site manager for a tool crib at a Kennametal plant. It's slow now and training will be easier than when it's busy. I ref an adult basketball league to make my mad money for guns and accessories, that will start tonight at 6:30 and I will get home around 10:30, long day for me. I sell fireworks too, finalizing our set up for our stand, watching storms. And kid sports, my old has a high school practice game in Ft Smith, my son 9yr old, has a football camp today as well. I won't see any family today or possibly tonight, long day.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
I'm off work for a few weeks after major oral surgery. I'm just waiting for my gums to heal more so I can wear my dentures enough to get them "adjusted" to fit correctly. For me, it's just trips to the dentist for scheduled check-up appointments and then basically sitting around my apartment reading or napping. It's kind of nice, in a way, because for a while I don't have to put up with the transportation issues getting to and from work. Not to mention that I'm not gone 14 or so hours a day from home.

·
Administrator
34,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm off work for a few weeks after major oral surgery. I'm just waiting for my gums to heal more so I can wear my dentures enough to get them "adjusted" to fit correctly. For me, it's just trips to the dentist for scheduled check-up appointments and then basically sitting around my apartment reading or napping. It's kind of nice, in a way, because for a while I don't have to put up with the transportation issues getting to and from work. Not to mention that I'm not gone 14 or so hours a day from home.
I hope you aren't in too much pain and can kind of enjoy your time off.

·
Registered
310 Posts
my mondays for next 2.5 months: sleep at 3am in the night wake up at 10am in morning :)...except today i did allnighter :D

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
94browninghunt said:
my mondays for next 2.5 months: sleep at 3am in the night wake up at 10am in morning :)...except today i did allnighter :D
What the hell u do all night kid, never mind i dont wanna know lol go to bed boy

·
Registered
983 Posts
Mulie that does suck, good luck with it.

Raccoon are for target practice here too along with opossums and crows and copperheads.

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
levelcross said:
Mulie that does suck, good luck with it.

Raccoon are for target practice here too along with opossums and crows and copperheads.
I keep sayin it could have been worse like a 650 lb woman covered in butter, rabid, with love on the mind, but phewwwwww weeee it was only a lil swift fox

·
Registered
983 Posts
I am looking forward to finishing a 6 month project truck that I have been working on. I have been converting a 87 Chevy truck into a mild hot rod, new engine, switching from an T350 automatic to a T-56 6speed, all new exhaust, switching from bench seats to leather power buckets. If this guy changes his mind one more time I'm gonna........well scream... then shoot several targets out back.:D

·
Registered
983 Posts
I keep sayin it could have been worse like a 650 lb woman covered in butter, rabid, with love on the mind, but phewwwwww weeee it was only a lil swift fox

Wow talk about looking on the bright side....yeah it could have been worse.:p

I don't see many fox out here, well the 4 legged kind, I know that they are around, just don't see them. Going to have to put them on the not welcome list too.

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
levelcross said:
Wow talk about looking on the bright side....yeah it could have been worse.:p

I don't see many fox out here, well the 4 legged kind, I know that they are around, just don't see them. Going to have to put them on the not welcome list too.
Yes they need to get on the not welcome banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts