Happy father's day

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Jun 16, 2013.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I would like to wish a very happy Father's day to all the men on this forum who are Dad's. I not only am learning about firearms on this forum but I was absolutely stunned to find so man wonderful, loving Father's on this forum over the years who adore their wives and spend lots and lots of good quality time with their children. I hope all you Fathers have a wonderful day with your families.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Winds and the same from me to all dads out there..! My son is 28 now and a fine man..! Though living 3000 miles apart , we are always in touch..!

Happy family Day..! :)

3. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Thanks girl we really appreciate it.:)

4. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

You trying to steal my thunder Winds?? Starting another thread!!:(

5. winds-of-change

No. I am giving it a woman's point of view. I never knew, from my past experience, that there were so many kind, generous, loving men who took such good care of their families. And that includes you, Fathead.

6. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Thanks. I'll let this slide then!;)

7. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts.
    Went to my Sons for Corned Beef and Cabbage.
    Ate TOOO Much.
    I think of our troops who are Fathers and serving far away from home and Family. GOD Bless em.
    And Rest in Peace DAD.

8. winds-of-change

I'm reviving this old thread. Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dads here. When I first joined this forum, I was not aware of all the truly good men in this world. I was previously married to a not so wonderful man and after a divorce I remained single for many years. I've met soooo many good men here. In fact I even married one.

Enjoy the day, all you great Dads. You all deserve it.

9. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

well we celebrated Father's Day last night, with my father and my brother and his family. we grilled steaks and vegetables and my SIL made a blackberry cobbler and a pecan pie. this morning my brother and i spent a few hours at Dad's harvesting tomatoes from his garden and playing around on Dad's new Dixie Chopper we got for him.

10. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Though we live 3000 miles apart , we always talk and share all the love and good things such as life offers . God I miss him ....!

Thank goodness for technology . I am helping him design some projects via inter net . There are no limits on how far love and pride travel ....! (INFINITE) !

Happy Father's Day to you all everywhere.....! Thanks Winds , there really are a lot of good men and father's out there .

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  11. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks Winds.

My grown "kids" came over to spend the day with dad. My daughter drove 400 miles for the day, my son lives nearby. Nothing is better. My son and daughter are approaching 35 years old, they are both very successful and independent.
    They still love mom and dad and they still ask for advice.

Raising good kids is the most important thing that I have ever done. The only thing that rivals that is marrying their wonderful mom. Life is good.

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Have had calls today from all 4 of our kids- and several of the grandkids.

They are all alive, well, working, either made bail or did not get caught. Likewise their offspring (we only have one grand left that is not old enuff to vote)

Life is good! :D

13. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

Happy Father's Day. My Dad turned 92 earlier this month. Still healthy, but has some dementia.

14. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

mine turns 67 in a few days, still working, keeps threatening retirement. Gave him the fox red lab out of our latest litter to cover both.

i don't do anything big with it here, (Personally I feel that one day a year does not make up for treating dad like $#!+ for the other 364. Don't ask, long story.) and I really don't count it, as I am just the step father, who put up with a lot of misdirected anger over the years.

Pretty much spent the day cleaning the house, and sending a couple more pups to their new homes (Down to 2, with appointments this week.)

IOW, what most step parents go through these days.

Now, to the step fathers, who made the choice to take the job on, for whatever reason, from insanity to wanting to do for the wife and child, more than the last guy did, this is for you. (and yes, i do love my daughter dearly, but she put me through hell thanks to her father.)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjO1F6oCab8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjO1F6oCab8[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  15. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Thanks for a great day, Winds. Church, out for a great burger and chili at Ron's, off to the range, back home for a grilled/smoked steak dinner. Best part, spending the day with you!

And Kfox, that's a great song, just right for the day.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  16. winds-of-change

My oldest son married a lovely young lady who already had a daughter. The little girl was 8 when my son married her Mom but they had dated for 2-3 years before marriage. When they married and the couple exchanged vows, my son also made a vow to the little girl to love her and protect her and to be the best parent he could be for her. It was such a loving gesture. Now, four years after that marriage, my son finally was able to adopt the girl. My family fills my heart with such joy.

17. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

My son was able to call and talk to me on the telephone.

Best Father's Day EVER!:)

18. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

knowing what has happened, i'll bet that was a great Father's Day gift!

awesome!

19. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Busy weekend, my second eldest granddaughter graduated from high school Friday night, she had limited tickets and my bride and I were honored to attend! We hosted a graduation/family party here Saturday, I completely forgot Father's day so they were all back Sunday! I was so exhausted I went to work today to rest up! I have four children, ten grandchildren, one great-grandson (pending on greatness lol) and school friends so it was busy. Oh, and I loved it!

20. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Pretty much the same deal here. Knew my wife for about 10 years before my divorce, took her, then 4 YO daughter with on our first date in 2001. they moved in with me in December of 2002, and we married in 2006, with her included in the ceremony. I went to great pains to make sure her father was part of her life, and chose not to push for adoption, out of fairness to him, as my dad was not there a lot until the last couple years in The Corps.

My reasoning was simple on that as it hurt both of us, but we both understood why it had to be that way. I didn't want her to go through that.

She has reffered to me as dad since about age 6, and as an adult, has pretty much disowned her father, after a lifetime of not being there when she needed him to be there. Last time we saw him was a month after his wedding, when his wife passed, and there has been no effort to contact her on his end. His loss.

i just took the brunt of her anger towards him, for his failures, over the years, until a mutual friend explained to her what she was doing, and the effect on both her mother and me. that fixed a lot of the issues we were dealing with.

Both her father and I missed her HS graduation, but only one of us had a vaild reason. I was at home, taking care of our female lab, during a difficult delivery, and stayed with the dog at her insistance, as I had the most experience in those matters. he just decided he wasn't going, because it wasn't worth the 40 minute drive.

and yes, i do still feel like $#!+ for missing it, as that was the only chance I had to do so, but we had 2 pups before the event that were breech, so I was pretty much ordered to stay with her at that point, by her and her mom. I delivered the last 2 that way, and out of 15 pups, we only lost one.

like I said, her insistence, and it was with good reason.

We spent our Saturday in Slippery Rock PA, for my godson's college commencement. bachelor's in engineering. We will be getting together next month for a graduation party, and he has a job offer at a firm here in Erie.