Happy Fathers day!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gojubrian, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Happy Fathers day to all the dads out there!! Hope your fathers day is good!!

Proverbs 3:11-12
    My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline
    and do not resent his rebuke,
    because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
    as a father the son he delights in.

Ephesians 6:4
    Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

Colossians 3:21
    Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.

Hebrews 12:7
    Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?

"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." -- Sigmund Freud

"Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad." -- Anne Geddes

"One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters." -- George Herbert

:)

2. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

+1

Happy Father's Day!!!

3. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's, Grandpas, and those wanna-bees that keep trying, or I should I say practicing.

4. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Excellent reminders Gojubrian! Thank you, God Bless, and Happy Father's Day.

5. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

Happy Fathers Day Everyone! Make sure your dads are enjoying it, mine is.
    He's at the US open in Long Island for the day!

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Happy Father's Day guys!

7. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

I guess I'll chime in also and wish all the fathers and dads out there a Happy Father's Day. Take the kids and/or grandkids out shooting today, they might like that.

Jim.............;););)

8. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Happy fathers day guys. Beautiful day to take your kids to the range :)

9. McNabb11b

McNabb11b New Member

Thanks Goju, Happy Father's Day.

10. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Congrats!

+1
    Congratulations to all those blessed by God with one or more children and/or grandchildren. :D

I spent the day with my father and grandfather with a delicious BBQ, some scotch and cigars.

[​IMG]

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Cool! Thanks for the pic! :)

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Happy Father's Day to all. We had a nice home cooked brunch from Mrs. Skullcrusher and Mother Skullcrusher. Pop Skullcrusher, Little Skullcrusher and I filled up on the Belgan waffles, bacon and fresh fruit. :D

Nice picture, Amsel. Cherish those moments, amigo. :D

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Our two youngest, Rugrat 3-6 and Rugrat 4-6 stopped by this afternoon, along with grandmunchkins. Kids are now downgrading which nursing home they will pick for me, since I gave the grandkids a handful of those foam rubber hammers I mentioned in another post... (HAMMER FIGHT !!!!!):eek:

I know have a very nice reference work on Remington, and a gift cert for my local gun shop (Oh what the hell, I'm an addict and the kids know it):p

Daughter had a HEAVY box for me. When I looked at her, raised an eyebrow, she shrugged, and said "What do you get a man that has everything? Ammo to feed the everythings." :rolleyes:

Really nice afternoon, grandkids loved the hammers. If I did not have to be in Manhattan tomorrow, I'd be at the range.

And a happy Father's Day to you all-

14. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

The best gift a father can give
    his family is himself.
    Happy Father's Day!!!:)
    Son called today, he's got 2 weeks leave,
    he'll be home in July. yeahooooooo!!

15. robbo60

robbo60 New Member

This was the first father's day without my Dad. We put him to rest on Saturday June 20th. He was 83 years old and I miss him dearly. Although I will be in mourning for God only knows how long, I know he is in a better place and that my redeamer lives. Happy Father's day to all and God bless.

16. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Robbo, lost my father in 99 and all you can do is keep a big ol place in your heart for him. I know we will be together again someday, until then, I know my lab is keeping him company.

17. robbo60

robbo60 New Member

My Dad loved my black lab "buddy" as well.

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Thanks Dad. 1919-1998, for everything I know about firearms and hunting.

Thanks to my kids, who gave me a great Dad's Day.

And Happy Father's Day to all Fathers everywhere!

19. kodiak1973

kodiak1973 New Member

Happy belated father's day to everyone! I spent all day at the range with my stepson, teaching him to shoot pistols! Between the Range Safety Officer and me the kid was punching out bullseyes at 10 yards!! Plus, my wife bought me a 22LR Remington for Father's Day!

Not a bad day at all. Only wish my dad could have been around to see it.

20. WDB

WDB New Member

Better late than never, I took my Dad to breakfast a 0600, he was so surprized to see me at his door that time in the morning. We ate at a diner he likes and I spent most of the time listening to him and his friends talking about life, they would suck me into the conversation and after giving my thoughts would grin and say "what do you know" my Dad would tell his friends that I do know, I different time but the same war. Those that kept on he put in place by asking "where are your kids"? Mine is right here. My daughter took me to lunch. I am so proud of her and she sees so much hope in life. Latter in the evening I was sipping southern comfrront and the phone rage. I was my son, he's in the sand and with out question the largest stress in my life. we talked for only a few minutes before I heard his LT yell "Sgt, your troop whats to talk to there daddy to what is your issue". I asked him who was was his LT as I wanted to bust his balls. He said don't bother, I'll be home in two months did you get my gift. I hadn't got it and he was a bit upset. I told him no worries it will get here, he said that he wrote me a letter and sent five cd's, I know you will like most of the music and pictures the last two CD's are from bands I like.

I got it today the letter is personal, the three cd were music we both enjoy and pictures of where he's at. the last two CD's are Guinevere and Portishead, From the letter I know this is what he is listening to and thought I would like. So I'm going to listen to then now and I expect there is something I need to learn about music, I know my son has good taste when it comes to music.

I got the