Happy customer

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by levelcross, May 12, 2012.

1. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Yesterday a new customer came into my shop for a estimate on her car. As I checked out her car she saw my carry gun and commented on me being armed. I told her that I always carry and it is a choice that I am comfortable with. She was uneasy at first but warmed up some what and started asking questions about CCW and pistol permits. Before she left she seemed happy about the estimate and the fact that I carried a gun.

Her husband called later and thanked me for explaining the CCW process to her, he has been wanting a pistol far a while and thought she would be against it. When she brought it up he took a chance and told her that he wanted one and wanted to get his CCW, and she said it was OK with her.

You just never know how things will turn out.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You sound like the only good car salesman I've ever heard of. No offense. Lol
    Congrats on the recruiting.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

All some people need is a little nudge in the right direction, great job

4. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Thanks to our liberal media, too many folks have a misconception about people that choose to carry. They don't realize that we merely wish to be able to protect ourselves & our family and are not a bunch of wild west fast gun wannabes.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Most people at my dealership carry, and no one seems to notice. Granted, this particular area of Louisiana seems more gun friendly than the area of Mississippi I was living in. I just had to call a man's wife to come pick up two guns her husband left in their trade in. I was told I could probably keep them and get away with it, but I wouldn't want someone doing that to me.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Leadership.

The good ones lead by example.

Good on you LC! [​IMG]

7. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I like the Honey over Vinegar approach on most things, just seems to go over easier. I wish all of my female customers were this receptive and some of the male ones too.

Thanks for the vote of encouragement everyone, I will always try to show the positive side of gun ownership. Even if I have to show the news articles of the down side of not having any type of home protection.

What I would really like to get started here is a training course on hand gun safety and shooting/situational awareness that is done at the Police Dept. training facility. I would be the first one to sign up.