Happens more times than not

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by AcidFlashGordon, Jan 10, 2010.

1. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

VIN SUPRYNOWICZ: Handcuffed, disarmed for obeying the law

It sounds, to me, like the lack of experience on the officer's part. Not to mention that I'd say there's a real problem with Officer Rogers being on patrol by herself at this time. She disarmed the only real backup she had if there had been an intruder in the building.

I see. She must have experienced this kind of thing before. A bad guy calls the cops reporting himself and then waits to kill said officer when they show up, after he has shown them his legally obtained CCW permit. I don't know how other states handle theirs but in Nevada, your CCW has your photo on it and all semi-autos that you qualified with are printed on the permit. Brilliant. :mad:

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident. North Las Vegas and Boulder City officers constantly hassle CCW holders. They seem to think that your state CCW is not valid in their cities.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hey Flash, maybe she was just accustomed to handcuffing her boyfriend??

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I would have been upset too, I think her actions were inappropriate at best. There is a local cop in my parents town that is well known for messing with people who carry. He honestly believes that the only people who should have guns are LEOs and he makes sure that you know it. I have yet to run into him personally but I know people who have had to deal with him and the story is always the same. Funny thing is, the Sherriff of that county is super pro gun.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I can see doing it for maybe a minute or two. While I check you out and check your permit and whatnot but after you check out you should get your gun back.

5. AcidFlashGordon

[​IMG]

Great. Now I've got coffee all over my monitor, desk and keyboard. :D

At least I drink it black so there's no "additives" to make cleanup too difficult.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

In dude's spot, i would prefer to be put in the back of the patrol car or at least at the front of the car in full view of the dashcam for potential postmortem exoneration.

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'm gonna hold judgement on this one, some of the story seems to be missing.

8. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

If it had been me I'd be SERIOUSLY trying to have her job or bring a lawsuit against them. Hell I look like an outlaw anyway so I KNOW I'd be handcuffed-handicapped and all.

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I think so too, but we're only getting one side of the coin.

I have heard of law abiding carriers being disarmed before, but not handcuffed.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

I think you may be right on the coin side.

There was the lawyer's story from last week; he was handcuffed for a bit. Of course, he did fail to completely conceal his handgun, for at least a split second.

11. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Spoken like a true Submariner! :D

12. AcidFlashGordon

Unfortunately, this does happen quite a bit here in Las Vegas. 99% of it never gets to the news but because Charlie Mitchener decided that after 5 break-ins, and having had NO problems with Metro on previous occasions, this needed to be brought to light. The city of North Las Vegas constantly f**ks with CCW holders and I've been with 3 different friends with CCWs that were hassled by N.L.V. officers after routine traffic stops (1 for a broken tail light, 1 for a brake light out and one for speeding). Boulder City is another area close by that enjoys hassling CCW holders. I know 2 residents of the city who were detained, but not handcuffed, for 45 minutes and 1 hour respectively. The reason given was the "question" of the validity of their CCW. That's bulls**t because the expiration date AND the license holder's photo, is clearly printed on the front of the CCW, just like on our driver's license.

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'd like to change my post now, I completely missed the link at the top that gave the whole story.

I concur, the officer involved should have parking meter duty if she can't find her big girl pants.

14. AcidFlashGordon

You made a completely valid point in your previous post because more times than not a news story only gives sparse details of the event. The news media does engage in sensationalism, many times to up readership, viewership or just to spark interest in their particular media outlet, be it print, television or the internet.