Happened upon one sweet Magnum

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by wjnfirearms, Apr 2, 2012.

1. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

By chance, I found this today. It's an S&W Model 28-2 Highway Patrolman. Bottom line, the deal was right, the gun is in real nice shape, and I got it. I already put some rounds through it and it shoots beautifully. Definately, a good turn to a blah day.

[​IMG]

2. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Nice handle i bet thats comfy

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Very Nice! It's tough to beat a Smith wheel gun.

4. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Yeah, that gun is real pretty.:)

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Those are some pretty fine grips there!

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a 4" M-28 and have always wanted a 6". Love my N-frames

7. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

What's funny, robo, is that I wanted a 4" and ended up with a 6. Go figure. I did decide to post it on Guns America for sale. If I can get market value for it, I'll part with it and look for a 4", which I see a couple out there on the net. If not, I won't have any issue keeping it. Kinda one of those things that if I get my price, ok. If not, ok also. No buyer's remorse. Just looking at things in a bigger scope.

8. homelessguy01

homelessguy01 New Member

Wow a beauty! Sounds like when I picked up my 629 classic, right place right time with the right money

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I want a 6" in addition to my 4". The 4" is much more common. I would never sell a gun just to get one with a different barrel length. Keep them both. The only thing worse than buyer's remorse is sellers remorse.

10. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

The wood will sell the gun but will not add to the fun of shooting hot rounds through or at least IMHO. A friend has two sets of grips, one for the range/ woods & one for show. I just can't afford the wood.

11. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Guns like the Model 28 are getting scarcer as many are sought for conversions to .44 Special.

Good find!

Bob Wright

12. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

Wow, nice find. I used to go hunting with a good 'ol boy that kept one of those in his tackle box. The grips were chipped and the bluing was almost gone, but man, that gun could shoot. I had forgotten how nice S&W revolvers were/are. I sold one, a 6" S&W 586 to my brother back in the early 1980's and wish I had it back now; unfortunately he won't sell it back to me. I paid just over $300.00 for it NIB back in 1978. Congrats.

13. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

robocop stated correctly.....
    True, true. I have had sellers remorse a couple of times. One biggie is my Ruger Speed Six 4" I traded a number of years back for a semi. I had that gun worked on and there wasn't likely another exactly like it. Never should have parted with it.