Hanity Interviews George Zimmerman

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Tackleberry1, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I just watched the Zimmerman Interview and feel he acquitted himself well.

I stand by my previous statements about this case being a wrongful prosecution based on a politicaly correct response to an unfair rush to judgement pushed and aggravated by the liberal media and there allies within America's "so called" Black Leadership.

What say you?

Tack

2. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Closet racism should be left in the closet. Is what say I.

3. Longrange

Longrange New Member

Tack, I was on fence at first with this shooting. I agree with you now, it is a racist witch hunt in the name of pc. I am still waiting for sharpton and his ilk to speak out against the black on black crime in chicagos south side. Jackson and sharpton along with liberal media media dont seem to care........

4. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton are more racist than David Duke. Those two clowns want to keep racism alive more than anyone. Without racism they would have to get a job.

Living in Florida and also owning property just outside of Orlando, very close to Sanford, I have been following this case pretty close and do not feel Zimmerman acted out of racial hate. I think he might have over reacted in shooting him but I don't think the color of Martin's skin had anything to do with it. Zimmerman, in his opinion, acted out of fear for his life. The Prosecutor's opinion was Zimmerman did not have grounds to say he was in fear for his life. Let a jury make that decision not Al Sharpton, The ACLU or The NAACP.

5. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

You may be waiting for a while....

Sharpton and Jackson are nothing more than media whores trying to capitalize on "racism" - and if they can't find it they make it up - remember Tawana Brawley?

If, and this is a big "if", Zimmerman is given the chance to get a fair trial, I think he will be found not guilty. Then, buckle your seat belts.....

6. cheftonyb

cheftonyb New Member

It's all a matter of who said what. Nobody was there to see what occured. All we have is a 911 call. If this kid was white we would not even be having this discussion. The media would not be as interested same for the public. Did he feel his life was in DANGER? that's the question. Unfortunately that can only be answered by the individual who was under attack in this case, no eyewitness. So having read all the testimony that has been in the news was this man in fear of losing his life? If so then justice had been served.

7. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

If you were a kid and someone was following, start running and don't stop. They said Martin was on the phone with his GF right before this. Why not call the police and say some guy is following me. That's the problem the media and all these stupid groups get involved and just screw everything up!!! Here's a pic for this situation.

image-4211061604.jpg

8. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Zimmerman needs to shut up...

9. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I think its sad that this has been made into a racial issue. I think Zimmerman is guilty not because the victim was black but because Zimmerman was the antagonist in the equation. You can not pick a fight that you can't win without the use of deadly force and claim it was your only recourse. Zimmerman actions were that of a Hunter, he stalked his prey and when the situation was turned he tries to become the victim. If Zimmerman never engaged Martin, Martin would have made it home with his skittles and sweet tea in time to catch the second half of the game. Zimmerman had no authority or justification to stop, question, stalk, or interrogate anyone as a self appointed neighborhood watch man. Even this mans community is not behind his actions or supported the fact that he was walking around their neighborhood carring a gun. But everyone only see color, I just see the facts of the situation, unfortunately the victim is dead and only Zimmerman's voice is being heard. If Zimmerman wad black, I would feel the same way. Why does racial ignorance still an issue in today's society? People are people.

10. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Your right on the money tack

11. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Exactly right GnRnr. If you have concealed carry and have the oppotunity to get out, you must do so. Be a good witness!

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

If Zimmerman did initiate the contact, then you are right. The issue is that we don't know if he approached him and initiated the altercation. We know he followed Martin, and he says he stopped following him and returned to his truck and that Martin then began pursuing him.

The truth of that account will be the lynchpin of the trial. If Zimmerman broke off following Martin and returned to his truck, then Martin became the aggressor and it truly was self-defense. If Zimmerman did not stop following Martin and approached him, then it's manslaughter at least.

13. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

It doesn't sound like at the root of this he picked a fight. Yes, he followed. In hindsight that may have been poor judgment. But he didn't go up to Martin, grab his shoulder, and swing a punch. That's just not how it happened.

Once Zimmerman got too close for Martin's comfort, Martin became the aggressor. He was neither the "antagonist" nor the one who "pick(ed) a fight."

Your view of the events are the same view that has lead so many to prejudge Zimmerman guilty. And then add in the racist glasses through which so many PC citizens view this event, and they believe he is guilty as hell.

Zimmerman's life as he knew it is over because he defended himself against a street thug who was no longer the sweet little boy the media is still leading the community to believe.

14. fmj

fmj Active Member

^^^ FACT!!! ^^^

What the hell was Zimmermans lawyer thinking allowing ANY interview before the trial!?!?

15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

^^THIS^^

Zim only exited his vehicle to observe Martin direction of travel. Remember, he was still on the Phone with 911 at trying to let LEO's know which direction the suspect was heading.

Zim's vehicle was parked behind the row houses were address are not visible. As Martin appeared to take off down the street, Zim, Still talking to 911, broke off tailing Martin as directed and cut between 2 row houses to get to the front of the buildings so he could read the exact address for the operator.

Upon doing this and putting his phone away he was quickly approached by Martin, struck in the face, knocked to the ground, and continued to be beaten by Martin. Zim did not go for his gun until Martin notices the gun and reached for it himself.

These statements from last nights interview are consistant with the press conference given by Zimmermans first attorney, statements from the 1 eye witness, and the limited amount of info released by the authorities.

I maintain that Zim will be acquitted and hope he sues Florida for wrongful prosecution.

I'd like to see every American DA receive a multi million dollar wake up call in regards to filing BS charges in order to placate a vocal minority race pimp like Sharpton.

Tack

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Unfortunately, it sounds like the facts you see come from NBC news. :rolleyes:

There is NO EVEDENCE that Zimmerman approached, engaged, or touched Martin.

Martin had every opportunity to keep walking or to call 911 himself if he felt threatened.

Actual facts indicate that he doubled back, engaged and attacked Zimmerman, and paid for it with his life.

It's tragic that a 17 year old is dead. It's more tragic that some people would see an innocent man loose his freedom rather than speak the truth about the thug/entitlement culture that produced a young man who thought it was acceptably to double back and attack rather than just continue walking home.

Tack

17. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

TAC,

After watching the interview and being a retired 27 year LE vet myself! I feel he possibly acted appropriately considering the totality of the circumstances that took place! As he stated, he was going to get back on the phone and 30 seconds later after Martin started the wise A-- Punk traditional confrontational response "Man what is your problem?" Which I wish I had a dime for every time I have heard that one! He then confronted Zimmerman. And at that time there was no physical contact to warrant anything but verbal confrontation as "Martin then chose" to punch Zimmerman and brake his nose. Then took him to the ground as Zimmerman was calling for help (as was "Recorded"!) and from there Martin began to bash his head on the ground as his aggressive severe assault continued on Zimmerman. The moment he would have broken my nose and then grabbed me going to the round I would have smoked his A right then instead of still allowing him to ground pound me and as stated, possibly tried to suffocate Zimmerman screaming shut up! You are going to die MF! What was he supposed to do. As I said even the issues leading up to the physical confrontation did not warrant the action taken by Martin. I also think it is a racist political witch hunt.
    I do not think in anyway on Zimmerman's part in the incident was racist. In fact probably Martin if anyone had a racial issue. On my off duty hours I worked as security for a apartment complex that had around 1400 residents. And frequently observed and followed and inquired of people that were suspect. And especialy when we had a rash of incidents. And similar to the the Zimmerman case where there had been several burglaries in the immediate area which he was made aware of.
    I hope the real truth comes out and if he is innocent he walks. I do not want to see an innocent man's life and family ruined to satisfy political and racial issues. This after the interview is my gut feelings at this time.

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I concur with your current assessment. As stated, I predict Zimmerman will be acquitted and only hope that the likes of Sharpton and Jackson understand that Florida 2012 IS NOT Los Angeles ala Rodney King.

The proliferation of CCW and stand your ground laws in today's world would see shop owners and home owners defending there property with a substantial "protestor" body count.

I pray calmer heads prevail and ^^THIS^^ does not come to pass.

Tack

19. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I find it funny that my assumption are wrong but your assumption are what makes you think he is innocent.

So what makes him a street thug exactly? Smoking a little weed? Well Bill Clinton must be a triple O.G.