handguns.hammer or hammerless

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by rem870forever, Jul 15, 2013.

1. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

I was just wondering if it mattered if you guys think you should have a hammer or not on a pistol

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Doesn't matter to me unless it is an external hammer and snags on clothing.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I like the look of a hammer. I have a J frame that I use as a pocket gun. But that has the cover completely covered. I only have two striker fired gun2. I must have about 11 or 12 hammer guns. I have both autos and revolvers. I like the comfort of simply being able to look at it to see if it is cocked or not. But it is really mostly just that I like the look of a hammer.

4. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

Never really bothered me. Had a glock 17 awsome gun and now im looking into the sig p938 and a colt defender.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

The striker fire pistol trigger normally is not as smooth or as light as a handgun with a hammer.

6. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Hammer...definitely has to have an exposed hammer.

7. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Not going to find many handguns with hammers smoother than a kahr or little Taurus tcp. I have both type . Can't find much wrose that a DA/Sa pistol with a stacking 12 to 18lb da pull. Buy the handgun that makes the most sense for your needs.

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

Am comfortable using both, but I definitely prefer the looks of an exposed hammer.

9. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Same here. Hammers just give a sexy look to pistols.

10. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

It's hammer time, dodododo-dodo, can't touch this. :D

Anywho, i prefer hammers for the feel and simple asthetics.

11. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

For handguns I prefer hammers over strikers. It's just what ya know and like, really.

12. moonpie

moonpie New Member

guess i'ma hammer guy . tried carrying a Kahr once , had the worst trigger of any gun i ever owned. didn't like a onetime trigger either. i don't care how many malfunction drills you do, when your other hand is in the bulldogs mouth you will give that primer a second chance