Handgun trade to lgs when under 21?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Jstrong, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I know about the laws prohibiting handgun sales by ffl holders to persons under 21,but are there any y'all know of that would prevent me (I'm 20) from trading my FNP-45 (bought legally through a private sale) to a LGS? I'm pondering the idea and am wondering if anybody knows of any bumps I may encounter. I know there's a chance some gun shops may just say no even if there's nothing about it anyways but I am just looking for definant answers

---Shoot To Thrill---

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Can you legally own and transport the firearm?

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

I don't think you should have a problem, but I think most gun store owners will just turn you down for their own PERCEIVED liability reasons.

4. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Yes in my state you only have to be a legal adult (18 ) to own and transport a handgun,I've asked LEO and looked at the laws myself.

---Shoot To Thrill---

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Then I would refer you to trips answer. If you are dead set on it I would recommend going to the lgs and asking the question.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Just call the gun store and ask them.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That could work. I just prefer face to face when possible. Many lgs are also hesitant to talk business over the phone from my experience. Doesn't hurt to try.