Firearms Talk banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Back on task to the OP's question, my full size 17+1 M&P. For the record, I wouldn't have been there in the first place. Being older & wiser, (I hope), does have a few advantages.

Reactions: kfox75

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Set aside all the other considerations of why’s and “whether’s” and consider this scenario.

You find yourself in an identical situation to Kyle Rittenhouse.

You’re being attacked by a mob. You have to incapacitate 3 of them, and deter the rest. You’re going to be running and fighting from the ground.

Unfortunately for you, you have only a service caliber handgun and no opportunity to reload.

What handgun do you want for this scenario, and what ammo?

Why? Just for fun to see what people would pick.
My FNX
Oooo or My Glock G40 with a 30 round magazine
(Unless we count my CMMG Banshee in 10mm as a pistol. Then that, definitely that.)

·
Premium Member
12,051 Posts
I normally carry a compact 1911 with the single 7 round magazine. If I went looking for trouble, I would just be considering which gun that I owned that had the biggest magazine. For me, that would be a Sig.

Since I avoid trouble like I avoid Covid, The Colt Defender is good enough.

This next week, with the possibility of trouble anywhere, I will be carrying three full sized 1911s. I cant tell you how I shoot three at the time because this a family forum.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I normally carry a compact 1911 with the single 7 round magazine. If I went looking for trouble, I would just be considering which gun that I owned that had the biggest magazine. For me, that would be a Sig.

This next week, with the possibility of trouble anywhere, I will be carrying three full sized 1911s. I cant tell you how I shoot three at the time because this a family forum.
Skeered of them white supremacists?

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I'd ride in on my butched up rainbow unicorn stallion and blow glitter dust farts all over my foe.

They would fall to the ground in a big perverse orgy of unnatural sex acts until exhausted. When the Astro Glide complementary dispensers run dry I'd refill with sand.

That would grind all resistance to a standstill.

·
Premium Member
10,992 Posts

Good one.

Does make me wonder though. How many are going to be changing the load out in the next few days?

Given where I live, I know I am. Chances are It will be double stack, and a BUG in matching caliber. Likely the 19 or the 92, with the PF9, and 2 extra mags each.

Because even though I live in one of the better neighborhoods of the bad part of the city, I have to pass through worse ones, to get to and from my shop. Because we have had minor problems here, in the last year.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Good one.

Does make me wonder though. How many are going to be changing the load out in the next few days?

Given where I live, I know I am. Chances are It will be double stack, and a BUG in matching caliber. Likely the 19 or the 92, with the PF9, and 2 extra mags each.

Because even though I live in one of the better neighborhoods of the bad part of the city, I have to pass through worse ones, to get to and from my shop. Because we have had minor problems here, in the last year.
I took the Biden sticker off my truck;) LOL

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
I have a Carter sticker coming for my truck- I’m just worried about all the hippies in this state stopping me to tell me how much they love it! Especially where I am- I’m not too far from Portland, where it turns from “urban” (by Maine standards) to rural- lots of hippies around here.

·
Premium Member
10,992 Posts
Yeah, I left the one dad put on mine, as a joke, when he borrowed it, in place. Urban Camo around here, and it's a great way to trol my employees. :D

Trump signs didn't last long in my neighborhood, but Biden ones never get messed with. The guys at the shop are wondering why a redneck biker, who owns guns and has a stake in the business, that dips, carries, and hunts, and drives a diesel, has a Biden sticker on the rear bumper.

And it's funny as hell, watching them try to figure it out!

Also kind of have to leave it on, for at least the next week. Part of the bet with dad. $100 gold bar, and having toi wear the other guy's hat, or run their sign\bumper sticker, until my step brother's birthday.

I backed the wrong one, so he won the bet.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts