Handgun Permit

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by foot2400, Jul 31, 2013.

1. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

I have been waiting for my handgun permit since feb. I live in indiana and I was wondering if anyone knew a way to check the status of it? When I filled my paperwork they told me it could take 4-6 months. I'm pushing 6mo now and I'm starting to worry that I'm not going to get it lol.

2. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Call them up. I called when i was near my initial waiting period and they said, youre cleared starting tomorrow. Kinda felt rude after that since i couldnt wait just one more day.

3. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

I called after 4 months waiting on mine, they told me it was in the mail. Whether it really was or not I don't know but it arrived 2 days later.

4. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

Who do I call? Do I call the state police dept or my county court house?

5. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Whoever is in charge of approving your request. USUALLY, its the police dept of your county.

6. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

I called the state police

7. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

Ok so people who live in indiana and are waiting for there permits have to call the state police station in Indianapolis. Then they will get an automated service that will give them a web site. From the web site you will have to email them about your status.

8. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

When I called back in December I talked o a person

9. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

They said that you have to get online bc of the high volume of permits going through. I just looked on the website and is said please do not contact us about permit status lol. For indiana the wait is now 20 to 22 weeks after the checks cash. It's crazy. I will just keep playing the waiting game and hope it comes soon.