"Handgun Enthusiast" In The News.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by gorknoids, Nov 29, 2008.

1. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

2. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

ofcourse hell walk hes rich and famous, i think he should be imprisoned like us "no-bodies" would be, also i think its crap that the police still havent gotten the gun invovled in their possesion. bad cop work if u ask me

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008

3. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Quote; "But a hospital spokeswoman denied that Burress was ever there."

Isn't it a federal law that the police are to be notified in the event of a shooting, accidental or otherwise? He needs a gun to protect himself no more than I need one to protect myself and I can't carry in a nightclub. I (and a friend) were actually mugged leaving a nightclub once but who is gonna mug a pro-football player.

4. ScottG

ScottG New Member

A bigger thug?

Just because he's an athlete, doesn't mean that criminals are in awe of him or others like him. They're perfect targets because most of them are carrying something of value. Criminals want things of value, thus pro athletes are targeted.

5. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Perhaps carrying 'loads of cash' and 'flashy jewelry' into a night club is the same as having a huge neon sign above your head that says "hey, I'm loaded, come assault me and take my goods"....

Maybe you shouldn't advertise things like that, and you wont feel the need to carry a gun (illegally) to protect yourself.

But agreed with sgtdeath66, he will likely walk away from this incident with a scar on his thigh, and a slap on the wrist from the courts. The rest of us Joe 6-packs would get an anal probing from the judge.....money and fame sure talks....

6. ScottG

ScottG New Member

So ordered by the Honorable Judge B Frank....

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

1) A holster would solve that pesky sliding down your pantleg problem.

2) As an enthusiast, I'm sure you know about that little switch they call a "safety". It's there for a reason.

3) They make these little cards that allow you to carry legally. Not terribly expensive, either.

4) Since we are granted free will, you don't have to follow along with the "Now that I have money, I can be a ******* idiot" philosophy that lands so many sports icons in the "Once filthy rich, he died bankrupt and penniless" sidebar on sports talk shows.

Anyone know what the gun was?

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I'm betting one of the plastic wonder pistols with the "safety" on the trigger.

A positive on/off lock safety & a grip safety would have prevented this. As would someone with some "F"ing common sense to not allow this arrogant bastard into the club in the first place....

Moron.

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'm leaning to Desert Eagle, for the "Thug" factor, but his leg would be gone.

Likely some cheap suicide special.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Plus the Eagle has a slide mounted safety. A revolver isn't going to go off when you reach for it - it had to be an early Glock or something along those lines.....

Brings back the memories of these famous last words:

"I am the only one in here, that I know of, who is trained to handle the Glock .40" BANG!! :rolleyes:

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Cracked me up the first time I saw the Glock video.

12. rfield

rfield New Member

Correct!

Copied from the article on CNN:

A law enforcement official told The New York Times that the gun was a Glock semiautomatic pistol and that it had been recovered from the football star's New Jersey home.

Rob

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Sweet! That's one for me today.... LOL

What a friggin Muppet - The guy's making some insane amount of cash per year, has a guaranteed contract ( according to the morning radio news ), so he gets paid while he's "hurt" and he can't afford a CWP or a bodyguard?

Then, his teammate, in an attempt to help out the situation, takes the illegal handgun and tries to hide from the cops.... Brilliant!

JD

14. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

.40 Glock. Maybe it just blew up for no reason! :D

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/giants/2008-12-01-burress-surrenders_N.htm

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  15. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I heard a little more about it this morning on the radio, they said the club could be in trouble because after the incident, they cleaned up the mess. Also, the hospital could catch some heat because they didn't report the incident. They said the gun was a .40 cal but didn't say what make or model, I'll look and see if I can find out more. EDIT: Never mind, I see gorknoids already figured it out.

I was just being sarcastic when I said that earlier, just cause I'm a little guy, only about 170 lbs.

16. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Now, Now...don't go blaming the gun...blame the moron with the "Glock Fo'tee"

If there wasn't a round chambered, then pulling the trigger would have done nothing with ANY semi-auto...

I was always taught to never chamber a round until you intend to fire that round. Just my $0.02