handgun buy backs

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Ultimate_sig, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I'm pretty excited that there's going to be a gun buy back in a city near me but are there any repercussions. I know it will miss them off but can they mess with me, soliciting or trespassing if it's a public area?

ForumRunner_20131212_223803.jpg

2. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

If you're asking would it be okay for you to "buy back" some of the guns being brought in? I personally wouldn't go anywhere near there. I think you'd just be asking for a big helping of trouble. good luck

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

These events are simply dumbass.

The few potmetal Lorcin POSs they

do manage to pull off the street,

no self-respecting criminal would use,

anyway.

It's like picking up litter during Ecology Week. Major polluters

remain unaffected, and, like the guy peeing in a dark suit,

all people get is a warm feeling, and nobody notices...:rolleyes:

How about spending the funding on Vocational Training, and getting

people who would resort to crime, in desperation, some jobs?

Aw, crap, that's right, that makes too much sense for

money-wasting democrats.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  4. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I'm a chl holder so they couldn't say I'm a possible felon. But I do feel like they will try to mess with me

5. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I know it's ineffective, I just won't to sit across the street and offer a little more and expand my collection.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

How can a church buy back what it didn't own in the first place?

7. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Good question. I didn't even realize that it was a halfway house doing it I thought it was hosted by the dpd but check out these numbers. It hurts to think those 400 firearms got there fate because of their title...sad, sad, sad
    http://www.thestewpot.org/buyback.asp

8. 1911love

1911love New Member

Private sales are legal in Texas, IMO I think you would be good to go. I'd probably call a local lawyer first though.

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, well, most sensible actions are a felony these days,

anyways...

10. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

True, I'm having seconds thoughts don't want to buy questionable firearms.

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

These "Buy" backs are actually illegal. These organizations are advertising and organizing to do a Firearms Business. This requires an FFL. This goes beyond the private sales rules. The BATFE of course ignores this. :rolleyes:

12. 1911love

1911love New Member

Some of the antis are smart enough to know this. Josh Suggarman of the VPC is one of 2 or 3 FFLs in DC. It really pisses me off that the ATF issued him an FFL. They won't give any of us one unless we are "engaged in the business". He most certainly is not engaged in the business.

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

If face-to-face transfers are legal there then I would show up with a bunch of cash and buy up what I could.

A year or so ago I went to a "buyback" in San Francisco and while I did not take advantage of the situation I saw a lot of deals going down and I kick myself for not having the foresight to bring a wad of cash myself. There were a lot of very valuable guns that were turned in for $200 a pop. SF cops were all over the place and never said or did anything to stop or question anybody outside of checking if guns were loaded when you went inside.

Since then they have tightened things up a lot. Now you have to put the guns in the trunk of a car or the bed of a truck and stay in the vehicle (this is in another county though). They will not allow people to look it over and make deals on the way in.

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Not only that but if one of the firearms is stolen and/or has been used in a crime the recipient is guilty of a crime for accepting it. These guns will not be returned to their rightful owners if they were stolen. That is fencing stolen property.

15. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

That is why I have changed my mind

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i would call the local BATF office and make an anonymous tip that there is going to be some illegal gun sales taking place and give them the address!:p

i'll bet they are not verifying proper ownership of any of these guns either. it would not suprise me one bit if a majority were not stolen at some point.

Sig, i would not be caught buying anything if it were me. Murphy's Law. the one gun you happen to buy for a really good price, will be stolen.

17. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

True, I'm glad I looked the place up. I agree that they shouldn't be buying up guns it doesn't solve anything. Dumbass people will try even harder to steal guns given their new motivation.

18. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

If these "Buy" backs were really concerned about gun crimes they would require BG checks on their customers. What if a gun was used in a crime? He sells the gun to the idiots and walks away. That is much better than throwing in the river. Selling the evidence of your last crime is very innovative.:rolleyes:

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I do have the advantage of knowing a cop who will run the numbers for me. If it turns up stolen I turn it in to him. So far I have not had to turn in anything. I imagine it would be a bit complicated if I were to call in a number from the SF "buyback" and it came up as a stolen gun, but if I were to wait until I was in his jurisdiction and then call it in......?

Yanno, all of this is speculation. I haven't done it and despite my inclination to save some guns from the melting pot I will never buy a gun that way.

Ya got that Bobthefed?

20. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

I would say if you have any POS guns likeRavens, Lorcins,Jennings,etc,hell take them and get some cash and use that towards a good gun.Hell,$50 for a Lorcin is more than a pawn shop will give you for that POS;) You should go and check back with us about what kind of guns were turned in.If someone turns in a Glock for only $50,it's gotta be very stolen or the owner really needs crack.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013