Hand gun reloader question

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by CourtJester, Aug 26, 2014.

1. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I have a Lee single stage reloader that I plan to keep for the .338, .308, and some of the .223's. The issue is though, I've got about 9000 rounds (no joke) of brass total for 9mm, 40, and 45's. It would take all year to do those with a single stage press.
    So what's a good one that will spit them out quick? Not looking for $1000 press but I don't want a cheapo that's not going to do a good job either.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

A single stage would be something of a long term commitment. Were you planning to cycle all 9000 in one go? It's not about how much brass you own as much as it's about how much you shoot normally.
    I reload mostly pistol, but my needs aren't terribly demanding. I use a Lee Classic turret. I'm a low volume shooter most of the time. If you are serious about big quantities, quickly, a progressive is the only answer. I'd point you here: http://www.dillonprecision.com/Dillon_Reloading_Machines-8-1.html

3. t_humm

t_humm New Member

I recently purchased a dillon 550 works great can easily do 1000+ rounds in a weekend. With dies and everything I needed ran me about $600, I reload .45 but dies and parts are similarly priced. They have a no bs warranty and so far it's a quality press

4. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I shall do some shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

dillon 550 or xl650

nothing else.

you can find deals on used ones, if its in bad shape send it off to dillon and you get back a like new one.