Hamilton model 27 .22 cal restoration

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by DIY_guy, Mar 14, 2014.

1. DIY_guy

DIY_guy New Member

Ive been given a Hamilton model 27 to restore. It is the owners grandfather's gun. ITs in pretty good shape for being about 100 years old and im wondering if I should touch it or leave it as is???? Its a sentimental gun for the owner (who isnt a hunter or shooter) and he is not condsidering selling it but simply wants it looking new (er)

Its a pretty cool little gun.

http://nramuseum.org/the-museum/the...stry/hamilton-model-27-single-shot-rifle.aspx

2. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Picture`s !..............

3. DIY_guy

DIY_guy New Member

I have a camera full of them. I just to take the time to upload them. Ive been too swamped working on guns. I will be uploading in a day or two.

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

That is an individual choice that is totally up to the owner. If he would be happier with it looking like new then go for it.

5. DIY_guy

DIY_guy New Member

Yeah he is aware that he could sell it for as much as $200 but he is not motivated by money and values sentiment and his son shooting the gun over $$$. My kind of guy in that regard.

6. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Without seeing any pictures mind you, I would gently remove any rust that I saw, touch up the finish if necessary, and leave any "character" flaws that I saw on the furniture. There are just some weapons that should not be messed with. :D