halt all government sales

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JonM, Jan 10, 2013.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

Firearms and ammunition and accessory makers should halt all firearms sales ammunition sales and accessory sales to all government agencies state federal and city until all civilian demand for ammo firearms and accessories have been met and no threat of government banning is present.

Since we the people own the governmemt we the people should get first dibs on all production. This includes sales to supply military units.

2. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

I agree with you.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Never happen, but I like the idea.

4. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Don't deny it we can shoot better than some military guys anyway.

5. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

It especially makes sense when you consider that civilian sales may be ended by government mandate, but the government sales will not. Sell all they can to the civilians while it is still legal to wring every last bit out of that dying cash cow- and if the bans don't come to pass then its business as usual.

Never going to happen though.

6. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

JonM makes perfect sense with his post. However in light of recent price gouging (or ripping off) I doubt highly that manufactorers would turn their backs on a buck. The Golden Calf is still worshipped in this millennium.

7. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Because F*** the soldiers on the ground. Not like they need ammunition for anything. :confused:

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

As it stands now we have no business having soldiers in any country outside the united states. Once redeployed here the federal government needs to turn over all arms to civilian control until it has been determined that our government is taking the constitution and the current issues with excessive spending and taxation seriously.

Basicly our military and all federal agencies need to be disarmed for the safety of the people of our nation while children are in charge of the reigns of power.

Nothing is more scary to me than a potentate declaring nullification of civilian ownership of firearms by dictate. Or did we learn nothing from the events of 1930-1945....

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I support our troops where ever they may be and I will not deny them the resources they need but I have to ask myself why the hell are they in Afghanistan or Iraq. Are they there to deny a base for terrorists or are they there to protect our oil supply? We should develop our own resources and get the hell out of the middle east. We have the resources to become the worlds largest producer and supplier of petroleum and natural gas. If we developed those resources we would not have to send our best over there to fight and die. It would also create enough wealth to get us out of our current financial fix.
    I do agree we should cut off the rest of the Feds.

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Jon, I like many things you say, but this, by far, is the most brilliant!!!

Letter writing mode: ACTIVATE!!!!!

11. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Don't forget when Ronnie Barret did this to California and threatened Hawaii..

12. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I think this idea is doable.

I could see many gun companies getting behind this, because their brea and butter is the civilian market.

These firearm companies are civilian owned.

I could see many if not most gun owners getting behind it.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

I just worry that a citizenry not armed with equivelant gear as the military has makes anything we do overseas a moot point. More people will die here on our shores from people just following orders.

The second ammendment ensures our freedom from tyranny and it potentially getting wiped out by presidential fiat in the next few weeks is very disturbing. I just think its prudent to cease supplying the government before its too late.

We just witnessed not too long ago the supreme court stating a clearly unconstitutional law being constitutional. Its totally probable that any decree from on high will be upheld by the supreme court regardless of its true constitutional status.

Fighting now to make sure the people are well armed and supplied is important

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well shoot- Has anyone bothered to just ask them :confused:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    >>>> Thats a joke son i say thats a joke :eek:

15. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Here here!!
    But... (and there's a but at the end of everything..)... keep in mind that businesses are in it for the money... and the government can pay any exorbitant amount the manufacturer's ask (because it's our money they use) AND I'm sure at least one or more are contractually obligated as well.
    Another common sense proposal... like doing away w/ "gun free" zones, shoring up the back ground checks and a nationwide reciprocity carry/conceal law.... so it probably will not happen.

Meanwhile... back at the farm; http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/panic-one-million-ar-15-magazines-backorder

16. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Yeah, but look at the sheer volume of business civilians give these gun owners. The government will choose sig, colt, HK, and be done with it.

I don't think it matters how many guns the government buys, these gun companies will still lose millions if civilian sales are restricted.

LETS BREAK OUT A LIST OF CONTACT INFO AND GET THIS BALL ROLLING!!!!

17. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

My letter to Magpul, feel free to cut and paste. Send this to every gun manufacturer, and post email addresses as you do. Also, get this out to all your other gun forums....

magpul@magpul.com

Magpul,

It was Benjamin Franklin who so eloquently stated, "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

I, among numerous other gun owners, are trying to send a message to those in power, who think they can trample our constitutional rights, shutter business, destroy a successful industry (namely yours), and interpret laws or create new ones at their whim. Laws which have been proven not to work, but which will destroy many of us, just so they can pat themselves on the back and say "mission accomplished."

Ronnie Barrett showed us exactly what his stance on the Second Amendment was, when he refused to sell or service to agencies not friendly to American gun owners. We believe that this was a single, selfless act of patriotism.

We would like to see all businesses on board, as these laws effect not only your industry, but you employees, your customers, and the very Constitution under which you operate.

We would like to see every single firearm manufacturer, ammunition manufacturer, and every single business that is in business because of the Second Amendment stand up and say "Enough." "We will not sell to, work with or contribute to arming the police, government and military if the laws do not allow us to conduct business freely with the civilian public."

Together, we can send a direct message, and let these people know, that an affront against the Second Amendment, is an affront against Americans everywhere, and Americans are not going to stand for a government and police force that is arming themselves at an alarming rate, while demanding that law abiding gun owners disarm.

One company might make a difference, but the undeniable truth is, that the majority of companies together, letting their voices be heard, sends a direct message to those in power that we will no longer tolerate affronts against us.

These government agencies buy firearms and ammunition from civilian companies, accessorize those firearms by civilian companies, and seek training from civilian companies, staffed by civilians, made into successful companies by civilian sales...who are all subject to being turned into criminals overnight. That is an example of outright hypocrisy which no company should willingly side with.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter,
    Gun owners everywhere.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  18. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I agree, but...

Purchases by the government is done by contract. Violating said contracts could result in fines, levies, and other monies that the contractor may not be able to afford and as a result could end up shutting their doors.
    That would leave us with nothing.

19. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Those companies are going to shutter their doors if an AWB passes anyways. Not all, but some will, especially the little fish that popped up after the AWB sunsetted.

Anyways, they can also fulfill their contract and threaten not to renew. No ones saying they have to just stop.

20. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I hope my first post is not taken as an attack on Jonm, it was not meant that way but as I reread it I can see it being viewed with more insult than I intended.

As to the argument that we need to be equally armed as the government to fight a rogue government, I think that first of all civilians just simply will never be able to afford to even put a dent in the air superiority that the military will have. However look to the last 2 wars and how poorly armed but diligent figthers have caused a lot of problems for our troops. I don't think it will really come to that but a lot of the super high tech armaments that our military has just would not be effective in trying to fight a civilian uprising.