Half way

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by bullseye101, Oct 3, 2011.

1. bullseye101

bullseye101 New Member

I inherited this parts gun from a builder that passed away. I am having trouble finding the parts to finish it. There are no markings or stamps. The barrel I was told is a 45 cal barrel. A friend of mine that works for the police said it was close to being automatic, and possibly built with the idea in mind. I am not familiar with what would make this rifle an automatic. My intention is not to build an automatic rifle. I am not sure where to get parts to finish it semi-auto. I have not been able to find a kit or another rifle that resembles it or would possibly share parts with it. Thank you for reading my post, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I enjoy shooting at the range, but have no gun building experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That looks like something that would fit the lower of the 1911. Check the regs if you put one on.

3. bullseye101

bullseye101 New Member

You were right it is a 1911- Glock 21 Carbine conversion unit. Thank you sir!

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Glad to help out.

5. bullseye101

bullseye101 New Member

My uncle actually owned it before he died, and a man came by and bought all his guns for rip off prices afterwards thru my aunt who knew nothing about guns. They left this piece because they had no idea what it was, and eventually my aunt gave it to my father who gave it to me. So I guess thru alot of people that considered it junk something better was found.

6. bullseye101

bullseye101 New Member

So again thank you for all your help. God bless.