Half a new AR finished

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Sgt_Skrb_25, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Just finished half of number 17.

RRA upper
    Stag 1:9 chrome lined carbine length barrel
    Fail Zero F/A BCG
    BCM Mid 3 Handle
    ARMS BUIS
    FSC 556 muzzle device
    DiamonHead 10.25" rail
    YHM gas components

Attached Files:

2. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member Supporter

Like the diamondhead rail! Looks great on that barrel length/flashhider combo. Why 1/9 twist? I thought everyone had jumped to 1/7 unless they were building varmit rifles (1/8 wylde). 1/7 handles a wider range of bullet weights.

Planning on a red dot to cowitness with those sights? I am thinking about a vortex or an aimpoint for my personal carbine. Bought a cheap 4x UTG with handle mount to start, waste of money. Looks great the way it sits!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

#17?!!!

That you own or have built? I've built nearly that many in the last 18 months, but only really own five (one DD, four builds).

Good looking upper!

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Meh, your young yet. :p

5. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Active Member

SGT, Nice arm but you would be better off fitting a traditional lower :) I too just completed another using a Palmetto chf upper and 15" rail with a Rainier (nic boron) BCG and am on my way out to kill some dirt clods and soda cans this morning. Love to build/modify AR's, seems like Eugene Stoner just meant for us to have fun.

6. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

This one I'm selling . I have a few personal ones already. I just like ordering parts and building. I've sold 13. Not sure about optics , when I sell them I just put on BUIS. I have a 1:7 16" middy, a 1:9 7" pistol, and a 1:10 7.62x39. People generally like the 1:9 because of the ammo price for lighter rounds.

7. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I. Do the same as you. I only kept a few , I sell the others , it's just fun trying all the different parts out there.

Attached Files:

8. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

What so you mean traditional lower, serialized?

9. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Active Member

I guess the joke fizzled...I was referring to your arm as the lower..looks like you have some nice AR's, I shot a bunch of pumpkins today with my brand new build.

10. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Oh ... Duh.. I'm a little slow due to a hangover.

11. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

17?!? I'm not even halfway through number 2:eek:

12. longunner

longunner New Member

Still stuck on 0 :embarrassed:

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

That is so exactly me.
    I never counted how many i built but i believe i'm far behind you :).
    Only have 4 (2 SBRs and 2 Builds) :(

14. Javierzzz28

Javierzzz28 New Member

Looks great xD ..but number 17!?oh come on...

15. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I'm going to have to start going to meetings now! I'm actually on 18 now. I need help!

16. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

17. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Thanks, the rest of my stuff will be here on Tuesday. I actually finished another one while waiting on theses parts.

18. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

It never gets old building these beauties. I love it and I'm glad I get to make a living doing it.

19. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member Supporter

Same here. I've got my personal varmit rifle that I testbed ideas on. Way too much money($3500+) in it at this point! Makes a nice showpiece for my table at gunshows. :D

I keep a 1/7 middie SBR carbine with 14.5" and MOE furnature as my "carry" gun. A new16" 6.8 middie built for hog/deer hunting. Plus 2-3 "transitional" pieces. I build for myself then someone makes an offer I can't turn down. And it goes out the door. :(

Can't argue the ammo price for lighter rounds but most of my customers "require" 1/7 even for 55 and lighter. I've learned not to argue, just give them what they want and take the money. Educating the customer seldom pays the bills...;)

Oh well I get to play with something new all the time so I can't complain. :D

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  20. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

What length barrel do you have on the 7.62 x 39? I am trying to decide between a 14.5" pinned or a 16" for the build I've got going with the Diamond Head hand guard.