Had some work done to mine.

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Txhillbilly, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I recently took my Springfield 1911A1 Widebody to a great local 1911 gunsmith- Glen Riddle/G Square Custom to have some new sights,trigger job,hammer,and just a good going through.

I must say he did a great job,and had fast service. He installed some Meprolight-Tru Dot adjustable night sights,and I really like them. He also recut and polished the ramp,new hammer,grip safety,and now I have a 3-4lb trigger that is really nice over what it had from the factory.

I couldn't believe what he charged for all the work he did on this gun-$175.00 and that included the sights,they cost $120.00. What a great guy to deal with!

You guy's need to check out his website,he builds some really nice custom 1911's. G Square Custom

Here it is before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I haven't been able to get to the range yet,but I did put a few rds through it here at the house to make sure it functioned and to try out the trigger. It should be a great gun now!!

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Nice work and I can't believe the price!! Thanks for the link Tx!!

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's an outstanding price for that amount of work. Enjoy that rascal. :cool:

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Very nice outcome Tx!

I NEED to find a gunsmith like yours. Not for the price, but for the trust. [​IMG]

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Thanks Cane. I know want you mean about trusting people with your firearms. I met this one several years ago,he always has a table at the Original Ft.Worth Gunshow,and he's a super nice and smart man when it comes to building 1911's. I talked to several people in the firearms industry before I decided to try him out. As far as the price of his work,that was a complete surprise and one I really liked!