Had my tupperware worked on a bit....

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Dr. Marneaus, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

Sigh...plastic guns.

After much persuasion by friends, I decided to stop hating on what is probably the most reliable and utilitarian handgun on the market, and I picked up a Gen 3 (after comparing to gen 4) 19 a month or so ago, and put a few hundred rounds through it.

Shot great and all, but it felt like a glock....unfortunately. My overall impression was "Meh, it'll work, thats all it has to do" Definitely didn't give me a hard-on like shooting a nice 1911 does.

Dropped it off to a local guy who is known for this stuff, and got it worked over. Had him do a grip reduction, finger grooves removed, under cut trigger guard, rounded trigger guard, medium texture full 360 stippling job.

A few folks were all "no dont stipple an FDE!" whatever, its a tool, and now it feels like it should work better. Havent shot it in this configuration yet, but holding it next to a stock G19 the difference is incredible.

Befo'
    [​IMG]

Aftah
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I need to get a decent daylight pic.

Feels about 10x better in my hand, points more naturally, and the damn hump doesnt jab into the heel of my hand. Im actually EXCITED to try it this weekend.

Next comes new sights. Blah, cant stand the U shaped thing, it distracts me.

2. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Looks like you had it made into a poly 1911.

3. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

A 9mm, striker fired, double stack, poly 1911 with no external safties, maybe....

4. kodiak

kodiak Member

Looks like he did a great job

5. JSStryker

JSStryker New Member

Looks great to me.

6. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

Thanks guys, he definitely did a good job, and I'm excited to try it out. Hopefully its a little less glocky, haha.

Tried to get rid of the crummy parts, and keep the reliability and functionality.

7. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

I took it out this weekend, and holy canoli i shoot better with it.

Money well spent. Feels way more natural in the hand, more comfy, better grip, etc.

8. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

Looks good. nice work

9. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

I finally got a better pic. Also last night i got bored and found some nail polish that was close to the FDE frame.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Glore

Glore New Member

I like that a lot, looks great!

11. therukh

therukh New Member

Looks great! I've had some Glocks done & love the results! I'm sure you will too!
    Here's my latest one. Just arrived this evening!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012