Hackers

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by doctherock, Apr 24, 2011.

1. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Let me just say that hackers who do damage to a companies servers and ruin a good time for others by doing so should be beaten severely and fed to the pygmies in new Guinea.

The Playstation Network was hacked and has been down for over three days now. This is costing the company millions of dollars in sales and future sales. I love playing games online when I have a chance and haven't been able to. Time for harsher penalties for cyber crimes. Do like they do in China and make an example of them in the streets. Hang em from their balls from computer cables till they drop. Companies need the income to keep people employed so that the economy can keep rolling. This not only effects the Playstation empire, it effects the sales in all the stores that carry the Playstation products.

Sorry for the rant but this is something that pisses me off.

This is straight from the Paystation network.

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  2. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

I read your post, again, but I couldn't find any reason to apologize???

As a matter of fact, I'm with ya! Back in my "hacking" days, I didn't cause any damage, it was more about having access to the information! The ones that cause damage should suffer more serious penalties than I would feel comfortable posting on the interweb....

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Especially now with all the companies that are still in the red on their finances. This makes people want to steer away from the system.

4. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

...xbox ftw... On a side note somewhat related to this. Did Sony ever get the whole boondogle with their "startup code" or whatever being hacked and figured out? Not to long ago apparently someone figured out the code required to play games on the ps3 and released them on the internet. Sony was saying there was not much they could do about it because the code is somehow permantly tied to the disc drives.... Basicly unless they recalled all of the ps3's to have them replaced (which wouldnt work anyway because the people who wanted to steal the games would simply not send theirs in) all they can do is have new codes in the new consoles... except new games then would no longer work on the old consoles because the codes would not be the same... Im kinda suprised the ps3 even exists anymore after that, let alone anyone wanting to make games for it. Anyone could simply go online and download the games with the code in them and burn it to a disc and have the game for free.

The upshot is that it wont have that much of an effect on retailers because ps3's are the least popular gaming platform of the big three (1st. wii 2nd. 360 3rd. ps3)... I am sorry that you have to deal with that crap though, even though i think the ps3 (like all of sony products) is highly overrated, I think the people who were suckered into it shouldnt have to suffer for sony's failure to keep their systems secure.... And really thats who is to blame, Sony. Sure the hacker is wrong as well, but as much money as these gigantic companies make off of people they should atleast have the decency to keep their systems secure.

5. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Every time i get a copy of Malware Doctor on my pc and have to engage in glorious battle with it i wana take every computer nerd sitting in their basments writing these programs and put my foot through their face, i know how you feel.

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Amen brother. Little bastards need to fell the wrath of DOC. Been a long time since I had to beat the sh!t out of someone.

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

What these folks need is a redundant system to keep stuff up and running in the case of hackers. I love the graphics and blu ray capability of playstation My boy has an XBox 360 and the graphics are worse than my ps3.

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Hack the planet HACK THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!

9. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Someone already did, his name is Obama.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Man you guys need to brush up on your hacker movie. Look up hackers

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Personally I know that a ton of programming can be had for pennies on the dollar out of SE Asia.

I have long thought about getting a dupe account, setting up a random Paypal account, and getting myself two or three REALLY good viruses that I had on file to send back to everyone that sends me unsolicited SPAM e-mails that would REALLY nuke their systems....

Yeah.

I have been known to think things like this through. :eek:

JD

12. Yunus

Yunus New Member

They attempted to sue the hell out of the kid who released the code online. In response Anonymous has decided to target Sony. Then their PS3 network goes down. :D

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drJWxMLrpE0]YouTube - Hack the Planet![/ame]

14. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

Graphics are the same on both systems. Same specs. Same triangles per second. Same video memory. The ps3 has a marginally more powerful processor, but it doesnt make any difference because it is held back by the above mentioned things (the processor in the 360 is held back too but the ps3 has 1 more core than the 360 does). Might make it load a little faster, cant really say, i have only played the ps3 a few times.

Both are good systems i just prefer the xbox because after selling hd tv's for a while i have a personal vendetta against sony as a whole... samsung too really. Anyone who tries to fill peoples heads with this ignorant idea that lcd is better than plasma is on my ****list now. Caused me unending pain in the neck when I told people that there are only very specific situations where an lcd will be better suited than a plasma... I ended up putting the new (at the time) 120hz lcd's up next to a lower end plasma so people could see the same image on both at the same time. That saved me a lot of explaining lol.

p.s. even with the 240hz lcd's they have out now, they still have a frame rate that is 360hz slower than a plasma. But the big thing is the contrast ratio's. A plasma has a native contrast ratio that is enormously higher than even the dynamic ratio on an lcd... basicly they are capable of displaying many more colors. i.e. deeper blacks, whiter whites, and truer reds, blues, greens, yellows etc.

/end tangent

15. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

I hacked the Gibson when I was 14... :D

16. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I got it for what it's worth.

17. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I got hacked and or a virus from the playstation site. I had it open when my comp went ape sh!t. I lost all of my college files and writing, pics and the like. Poof, gone in an instant.

18. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Man you should always keep important things on non system drives. THe OS can freak out the whole box can poof and you'll be fine. The price of storage is next to nothing anymore. I remember paying big money on a 1.5 gig internal drive years ago. Then later seeing a Seagate external for a dollar a gig and going wow! I got a couple 1.5TB usb drives for around 70 bucks piece back around Christmas. Even storing on a SD card though is a lot better than leaving things on a system drive.

Tee boot code for Sony stuff has been going on since the PS1. Hit any P2P server or bittorrent site and you can get them faster than you can complain about the data miner cookies. It's hard to feel sorry for Sony and pirating when they sell the all the tech you need to do it. You can download a Sony movie on a Sony computer and burn it with a Sony writer onto Sony blank media.They make money on both ends.

AS for the hackers. More than likely they used some existing virus to claim a bunch of drone boxes. It's a lot easier to do some sort of DDOS attack then try to crack your way in.,And you don't have the pesky footprint leading back to your door. But kids get bored and they get tech smart a lot faster than they used to. You would be surprised how easy it is to get some virus off what you think as a legit web site. Key loggers, data miners are everywhere. It's a really good thing to get a real good anti virus program as well as sometime to sweep for misc malware. from time to time. Anythign but the bundles crap that so many use on some machine they bought at an electronics store, Walmart etc. Norton and McAfee are two of the easiest programs to defeat. They are victim to their own massive size. Every 14 year old with a Linux box wants to write nasty code for them. One of the better free programs for looking for critters is Spybot search and Destroy. Anti virus is a personal choicer and everyone has their fav flavor. I used about all of them but now am using a free version of Comodo Internet Security. Whatever you use make damn sure it's updating on a regular basis and you run a scan now and then. It sure helps keep headaches away from funky infected machines. And keep your important stuff on something besides your machines system drive. Hackers and malicious code monkeys are a pain. But you can minimize the damage a little with some preventive measures.

19. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

They didn't cause any damage to the Network itself. They took the info they wanted and continued taking info as it came in. Sony shut down the PSN, in order to stop him/her. PSN would have continued to work flawlessly with the hacker in there unless they decided to stop stealing info and started shutting crap down for S&G.

It's exactly like stopping a train because a terrorist is on board. It could continue moving to its destination just fine without the train needing to stop. It's once he decides to blow it up that the real damage is done. The hacker *most likely* just wanted people's information. I doubt they wanted to destroy the PSN as a whole.

20. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member