H&R Sportster .17 HMR vs. Marlin XT-17

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by mrbooks10, Jul 31, 2011.

1. mrbooks10

mrbooks10 New Member

Hey gun nuts, i have a question. What do you think about the H&R sportster 17 hmr. ive been looking for a 17 hmr and I am in love with the marlin xt series, but dont want to pay just for the name and bolt system if i can get the same accuracy out of a h&r sportster with a heavy varmit barrel. so what are your thoughts. and if any of you recomend a new gun to drool over, please no ones over about 250. And this is talking about accuracy and consistency. not weight or anything else.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011
  2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

When I asked about the H&R .17 on another forum a month or so ago, the consensus was that it would be a tackdriver and with the heavy barrel a good deal. I had found one at Gander used for $99. By the time I got back to see about buying it, it was gone. It had synthetic furniture and I would have preferred wood.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Isn't this an apples and oranges comparison? :confused:

4. mrbooks10

mrbooks10 New Member

Not really because they are both accurate 17 hmr. im just looking for the most accurate, im trying to do some longer range pest control with one.:)

5. mrbooks10

mrbooks10 New Member

you can change it out if you perfer wood

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Then apply Occam's razor.

7. mrbooks10

mrbooks10 New Member

simplify your statment. what does occams razor mean?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011