H&R Model 732 .32

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by GeneralPatton, Feb 16, 2013.

1. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I realize that this gun is relatively low in respect to value, but I thought I'd ask you guys what you think it's worth. It's part of a collection I am liquidating for a friend. If it's been fired, it wasn't much.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I would give $75-80 for it. If its in shooting shape.

3. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

It's definitely 98% or better. I'm not sure if it was ever fired, but if it was it wasn't many rounds. Only thing is, the one guy who knows is dead. :confused:

4. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I guess you would still have to sell it under as fired condition. I like the little devil. If I was I. Your state I would probably come buy it.

5. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

You could likely get $125 or so for it.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

While not a high $$$ gun, it IS .32 Long- they seem to bring aroind $150-$175 in that condition (completed sales on Gunbroker) Frankly, surprised me.

7. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I saw that as well. I think I may just list it locally for $200 and take about $150 for it. Given the market for handguns is absurd currently, may as well maximize the income. I've got to decode the serial and get manufacturer dates and what not still.

8. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

I would say it's easily worth $150. If I owned it , I would find a longer barrel and install it my self.\
    It seems Numrich has a 6" barrel for $30.25.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  9. tCan

tCan Active Member

I like it. I'd own one.

10. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I've actually had like 5 emails on it today. I just listed it late last night on Armslist.

11. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I personally wouldn't pay more than $100.00 for it, which would be about $25.00 too much.

12. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Really? Come on man, this isn't a Jennings. Even they get $100 for their junk!

13. tCan

tCan Active Member

It's clearly a solid piece. It's actually probably better than newer charter arms... the old charter arms may beat it out...

14. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

i have one in much rougher shape than yours (still a good shooter though) that i paid $50 for a couple years ago, just saw one in similar condition a couple months ago sell for $100. if you list it local do like you said, start higher than you want & accept the best offer.

these guns get looked down on because they aren't a colt or S&W, and it's "only" a 32. make no mistake, H&R made some good reasonably priced handguns. a couple companies make some nice wadcutters & even JHP in 32 long for suprisingly cheap. i would not think twice about carrying mine.

15. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I actually have a guy offering me $135 already. I think i'm gonna hold out for $150 though, as the owner wants a certain amount for them all, and if I hit that amount early on it was agreed that I could take my pick of the ones left. :)

16. tCan

tCan Active Member

I really like that frame style. S&W 64, Charter Arms Undercover, Armscore M206, etc.

17. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

You know, honestly, it's not a bad looking little revolver. And it's like brand new so the action is crisp and all parts are tight. It'll make someone a great little handgun.

18. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Well after several emails the first 48 hours I haven't had a single inquiry since. I listed it for $150 thinking someone would offer me $100 but I guess not. Hell, for $100 I may just keep the dam thing for myself.

19. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

So today I got a meeting setup for Sat morning for a guy who wants to buy the little H&R, I'll almost be sad to see it go

20. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Sold it this morning. A high school athletics coach bought it for his wife and him to play around at the range with. Really nice guy he was (I remember coaches being somewhat of a group of a$$holes back in the day.....) He also bought the Mossberg 835 shotgun. And with those two sold, I met the price point that the owner wanted. I can keep the rest or sell them off for the cash. I think I may keep a couple and sell the rest.