H&R 929 trouble

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by AlphaPaintballRef, Oct 12, 2009.

1. AlphaPaintballRef

AlphaPaintballRef New Member

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so just let me know if anything I do is idiotic or whatnot. Anyway, I just purchased my first gun which is a H&R 929 .22 9-shot revolver. It has maybe a 60% rate of actually shooting however. When I look at a bullet that misfired, it always has a mark from the hammer though. If I just reverse the chamber and fire again, it usually then DOES fire the bullet. At most it's taken 3 times to shoot any one round. Is this a gun issue or a ammunition issue? The ammo I'm using is definitely cheap, but I don't think it's terrible. It's Remington .22 Cyclone. Let me know if you guys need more info. I'm pretty new to guns, but I know a little and I'm also not an idiot. Thanks guys!

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

problem 1 Your using Rem cyclone the worst ammo out there in 22lr. Not a big deal it is known to have misfire problems like you are talking about.

I would get some federal or cci and try that.

If a 22lr miss fires 99% of the time it fires when struck again.

On another note, head on over to the intro section and say hi to all the guys and gals here on the board.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Is the gun new or used? As Tango said, Remington rimfire ammo is as bad as it gets, try a few other brands. If other brands misfire, you may have a weak (or modified) mainspring...

4. divinginn

divinginn New Member

Sounds like crap ammo to me. As Much as I like Remington guns,they disappoint me with their ammo.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Ditto on the Remington .22 ammunition, it's not good quality.