H&R 929 Questions

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by CA357, Jan 4, 2010.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have an opportunity to pick up an H&R 929 nine shot revolver that's unfired for $220. Years ago, I had one when I was hard into backpacking and would head into the woods for days at a time.

However, in those days, I couldn't shoot it worth a darn, so I really don't know if it was a good handgun or not. Now that I'm a pretty fair pistolero I wonder if it's worth buying this one.

I don't have a .22 handgun and I thought this could be a decent plinker. It shoots double action which it a plus to me, otherwise I'd pick up a Single Six. However, I'm not a big fan of SAO, been there, done that. I think a Ruger .22 pistol is in my future, but not for a while.

So please chime in with your thoughts. I need to make a decision pretty quickly. Thanks in advance. ...CA357

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I have the Daddy and Grandaddy of that 929. They are fun plinkers. Price of yours may be on the steep side. There is a nice one (not an unfired, tho) over on auctionarms, now at $156- good seller up in PA.

3. CA357

Thanks c3. This is Kalifornia and everything costs more here.

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I have a 929 that I picked up a few years ago (unfired) and the only pistol I have that shoots better is my High Standard Supermatic Citation.

First time out shooting it I used CCI Velocitors. Offhand at 50 yards it was effortless to explode cans of soda with every shot.

I would buy another 929 in an instant, and would not mind overpaying for it if it was in nice shape. Love that revolver.
    [​IMG]

5. CA357

Thanks M14, I respect your opinion.

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Thanks. I appreciate that. And if you ever make it down to the LA area, let me know. We will go burn a BUNCH of powder.