H&k

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jbd, Feb 4, 2010.

1. jbd

jbd New Member

i was at the local gun shop today and what i want to know is do u guys think the H&K brand is worth the price. they were starting at 1000.00

2. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

honestly, its like your asking us to guess what kind of car you drove there based on it being blue.

HKs are fantastic guns, BUT they do not "START" at $1000.

what models were you looking at?

3. YoungGunWill

YoungGunWill New Member

I agree, were you looking at rifles or pistols???

4. Missileman

Missileman New Member

I bought 2 USP Compacts, one 9mm and one .45, for around $750 each. Great guns, my favorites over SIGs and all else--but that's my opinion. I REALLY like the USP (and HK45) hammer drop safety and slide release--the mag release takes a little getting used to, but I now have no problem with it. They are also two of my most accurate and reliable pistols.

5. jbd

jbd New Member

i was saying that the 4 or 5 they had DO START AT A 1000.00 but thanks for ur help.

6. Wambli

Wambli Member

I have a P2000 and a P2000SK both with the LEM trigger option and they ran about $850 out the door each. Well worth the money I paid for them.

7. 753X0

753X0 New Member

One of my favorites, it's the gun I grab when things go bump in the night.
    It's a .45 ACP Elite, and if you're having a good day at the range you can wallow out a single hole group @ 25yds.

[​IMG]

8. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

well, what were the "4 or 5 they had"

9. Force4000

Force4000 New Member

That is one sexy beast!

10. 753X0

753X0 New Member

Thanks, Force. It's obviously one of my favorites. The only other .45 Auto I have that shoots as accurately and reliably is my Kimber Gold Match.
    Something else that I haven't seen anyone point out is the fact that this trigger config. allows the gun to be used DA/SA or "Cocked and Locked" like a 1911 style.

11. Wambli

Wambli Member

Here is another outstandin HK that is worth well over the $1k mark. My P7, one of the last 500 manufactured. Great classic gun!
    [​IMG]

12. Missileman

Missileman New Member

That's a beauty Wambli--I'll trade you a Bersa .380 straight up for it?:eek:

13. Wambli

Wambli Member

Hummmm, while the Besra is a great gun I will have to say no... :D

14. Missileman

Missileman New Member

But the Bersa is newer, more compact, stainless, and comes with a free box of very rare .380 ammo. Why would you want to keep an old, discountinued gun for a brand new one? OK, I'll throw in an extra magazine...:rolleyes:

15. Wambli

Wambli Member

Very appealing but still no. I would never want it to be said that I bamboozled you out of a newer, more compact, stainless, and chambered in a rare caliber handgun.

16. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Smart man--enjoy it, it's a real beauty!

17. Wambli

Wambli Member

Thank you sir.

18. raging_bull

raging_bull New Member

I have shot the H&K handguns, and they are very nice guns. I own 3 H&K rifles in .308, .223, and .22 mag. All are excellent guns!!

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I bought an H&K USP Tactical, with the threaded barrel, about 5 years ago.

I had tried it out at the local range and I shot well with it. I am talking 10 Ring at 21 feet with an occasional flier, but this was a weapon that could group.

After that, I added (2) Kimbers and then later (3) Nighthawks before I dumped one of my Kimbers & sold the H&K, as I was EXTREMELY obsessed with performance and "SHTF" performance.

Now, if I have the choice of the H&K USP or any pistol that is NOT a true built custom 1911, I will choose the H&K everytime because regardless of costs, is a great pistol. The H&K is a great pistol.

Nighthawk 1911's, on the other hand, is a "WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL" over the average pistol. Including the infamous H&K fame.

But. Your Mileage May Vary.

JD

20. Wambli

Wambli Member

A Nighthawk is trully on another level and on that we agree. Awesome gun BUT we are comparing apples and oranges my good sir. As much as I LOVE my Wilson Combat and other high end 1911s if the gameplan calls for crawling and sliding through mud, sand and hell it woud be one of my HK P2000s that comes along for the ride. First, I KNOW it will come out shooting. Second the scrapes and scar look good on them.

Same reason I don't take a custom wood stocked Mauser to a Georgia swamp buck hunt, different guns for different purposes. Good to have options in the ol' gun safe.