Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see one of these for sale here something a bit different, i am tempted. Anyone had any experience shooting one.

Description: H&K VP07z 9mm 4.5" barrel, polymer frame, original box with paperwork and original test target. One magazine. The first polymer framed hand gun. Perfect if your looking for something different that will stand out.
Category: .Pistol : Hand guns
Make: Heckler & Koch
Model: VP07z
Calibre: 9mm
Mechanism: n/a
Price: £595
Gun Condition: Very Good
Accessories: Comes with orignal box with paperwork and original test target, comes with one magazine.

29585035_4.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,851 Posts
Manta, I have no experience with the firearm, but I would certainly be interested in it as a collector piece.

·
Registered
13,223 Posts
No experience. I read that the trigger is heavy. Not a popular gun around here— outdated and no historical value.

·
Registered
13,223 Posts
Which came first, the Hi Point or the VP07z?
For the heaviest trigger? They are not in the same league price wise. Nobody complains about the HiP trigger. One guy in Indy shoots his in bowling pin matches and does well. I’ve never seen a VP in a match of any kind.

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the heaviest trigger? They are not in the same league price wise. Nobody complains about the HiP trigger. One guy in Indy shoots his in bowling pin matches and does well. I’ve never seen a VP in a match of any kind.
They are more a collector's gun, i doubt you will see one in a competition unless maybe historic. A good one to show to Glock fans, who think Glock was the first polymer production pistol.

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Which pistol was the inspiration for the other. Is the VP a Hi Point clone? :p

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which pistol was the inspiration for the other. Is the VP a Hi Point clone? :p

Volkspistole

VP stands for Volkspistole (literally "People's Pistol"), and the designation 70 was for the first year of production: 1970.

·
Registered
13,223 Posts
They are more a collector's gun, i doubt you will see one in a competition unless maybe historic. A good one to show to Glock fans, who think Glock was the first polymer production pistol.
Yes if the showing is worth a £600
investment.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
One of my friends had one.
As Stated, one of the first military caliber pistols with a polymer frame. Trigger is weird, long straight rearward pull which is heavy. Non-tilting barrel contributed to accuracy though. Military and police versions had a shoulder stock which allowed it to run in full auto.

interesting piece in the world of pistol development. Proved validity of polymer frames, and that high capacity (20 rounds). Probably quite an inspiration to the designers at Glock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts