H&k usp 45= thee best handgun

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by GY6, Mar 5, 2012.

1. GY6

GY6 New Member

The USP 45 is such a well made Gun by H&K it has to be one of the BEST HANDGUNS EVER MADE(In my opinion LOL) I know a lot of you wont agree....but I would like to hear your opinions on some of your favorite handguns and why?...

-GY6vids @ www.youtube.com/GY6vids

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I just haven't seen anything in the H&K line of recent manufacture that enthuses me.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Sorry, it just doesn't float my boat.

I see it as a very expensive glock.(and even they are overpriced)

I'm not flaming your gun selection, just responding to your "BEST" claim.

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Are they good guns? Yes
    Are they overpriced? Hell yes
    Are they the BEST? Hell No

I would love to own a G36,a UMP,or an MP5, but they are WAY to proud of their stuff for me to ever own anything made by them

5. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Lol me and my friend went out shooting our new tax refund guns a few weeks ago

I got a Walther PPQ,ran like a dream... almost aims itself,I think I'd have to try to miss with it

He got a HK Just compact .45,5-6 stovepipes before he finished the first box...

OP sounds like spam/really bad attempt at advertising

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
  6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

It does have a tinge of spam, i smelt it too

7. GY6

GY6 New Member

So Very True...maybe I'm a little premature with the phrase "THEE BEST"...I stand corrected...and willing to admit..I should have said "MY FAVORITE, AND REALLY RELIABLE HANDGUN" LOL thanks for your opinion...

8. GY6

GY6 New Member

I stand corrected!

Oh ok like I told the guy above me...I admit that I was a bit premature on the TITLE "THE BEST GUN EVER MADE"... and should have said "MY FAVORITE GUN, and ITS REALLY RELIABLE"...but you have to admit that they are some damn good weapons...

9. GY6

GY6 New Member

Good gun non the less

Thank you for your opinion, and I appreciated it .....I'll have to look into the PPQ, after what you said, it sounds like a awesome weapons system. Sorry your Friend had problems with his H&K...as far as the USP 45 goes, in my experience, it is a nail driver and never has had any problems while I have been shooting it...So hope he fairs better in the future.
    Oh and NOT SPAM=) but yes a little advertising of my YouTube channel... just spreading the word about the videos I do.

10. GY6

GY6 New Member

LOL not spam

Muahahahaha no not spam...but yes some advertising of my YouTube channel...Im trying to spread the word about the videos I do on YouTube....thanks again for your opinion, it is always considered and appreciated.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The USP series are very accurate. Tough as nails barrels. Barrel sits too high in relation to the hand causing excessive muzzle flip. Mags can be inserted backwards under stress. Full size mags do not work in compact versions.

12. msup752

msup752 New Member

Mine had a small spring break that kept the hammer from cocking. It is the first gun I have ever had to send in for repair and I rarely shot it. It was a nice gun and was very reliable and accurate plus had the 1911 controls. I traded it for a Glock.

13. 75370

75370 New Member

I have 2 H&K USP's one Elite and one Standard full size both 45 ACP.
    I've fired thousands of rounds through these handguns, without any problems at all.
    I've even tried to induce a malfunction by dragging through dirt mud so on.
    One thing that I like is the guns ability to be carried Sig style or if you like can be carried cocked and locked like venerable 1911.

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Had you read my post New Member From Northern California. on your thread in the Introduction section you would have seen the following request;

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

We call it Condition 1, I'm not familiar with the trem "Sig style". I think more members would recognize it when referred to as Condition 1. (Thanks Col. Cooper!)

From Wikipedia
    Cooper favored the Colt M1911 and its variants. There are several conditions of readiness in which such a weapon can be carried.

Cooper promulgated most of the following terms:
    • Condition Four: Chamber empty, no magazine, hammer down.
    • Condition Three: Chamber empty, full magazine in place, hammer down.
    • Condition Two: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer down.
    • Condition One: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety on.
    • Condition Zero: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety off.

16. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

I agee with you, I have owned and shot many weapons, my favorite is my HK USP. 40, but wouldn't make the claim best ever.( many members will quickly dispute that, even the ones who may not be familiar with the USP's ) I will say that it is the BEST for me. Best is very subjective. Pricey?,, sure. Worth it? IMO, Absolutely. But then again that's just MO. Angto address the post of the guys USP stovepiping, I would guess he was limp wristing, but again just a guess

17. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

The ONLY time my usp 40 has stovepiped is when my 15 yo daughter shoots it, limp wristing. I've put around 2k rounds through her, never had it happen to me.

18. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Now that I think about it,my buddy may have been limp writing it.hes a big guy but is still relatively new to guns,we shot my .357 sp101 on the same outing and it was getting the best of him,thought for a second it may jump out of his poor grip on the thing. So he may have been doing the same with the USP and it was just not as apparent as with the sp101

19. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Yeah, i like H&K but, cant see spending a grand for one. I even saw one last week at the pawn shop for $699!!. If they were a little more in my range i would like a .45 USP compact.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  20. billt

billt New Member

I have a USP 9 and quite honestly I don't see what the big deal is about H&K. I bought it because I really wanted to see what all the hoopla was about. The gun is OK, but that's about it. It is overpriced. The magazine release is poorly designed and can easily pinch your fingers. The magazines themselves are horribly overpriced and poorly constructed compared to a metal lined, drop free Glock magazine. A 33 round Glock 9 MM magazine can be had for about $31.00. A 31 round H&K USP magazine runs $140.00. That is insane. Also H&K has a buyer be damned attitude because they are heavily reliant on their military contracts. If it weren't for them they would starve. As I said the one I have is OK, but it is not my favorite 9 MM. I won't be rushing out to buy another.