Guys, I need your help

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dog2000tj, Jun 5, 2009.

1. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

After much soul searching recently I have realized that I have developed a massive dependency problem. :( Being a quiet and private man this problem is not something I can admit to easily. Those closest to me have noticed this for a while now and some have even spoken up and even offered help. Of course I was not ready to accept the reality of the situation so their offers were declined.

Although I have come to this realization and now admit to my problem I do not know if I have the courage to overcome it. :( My family support in this matter is shaky at best and my closest friends are spread out geographically. This past week has conclusively proven that I am incapable of rational thought. It may be that I will need the help of the fine members of this forum for as much moral support as you all can afford. :eek:

You see, I cannot stop buying firearms parts for my AR's. It all started with a small suggestion to buy an AR15 and an AR10. Simple enough, yet at the time I couldn't possibly imagine such a small thing to grow so out of control. Not only have I become consumed by my AR15 and AR10, I have also endeavored on a customized AR15. I have spent countless hours scouring the internet in search of information. I have spent even more countless hours looking for available parts. Even when the parts are listed as back-ordered I am compelled to whip out the plastic and charge away. I wake in the middle of the night, running comparisons through my head. Mentally checking to see if I have acquired all the parts I need for my babies. I see no light at the end of the tunnel, only more AR's.

Please, I beg you. Help me. :D

Disclaimer: to those that personally suffer or have family or friends that suffer from dependency I mean no harm. God bless.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

You dug this hole, you find a way out!! :D

There is always sublimation!! Substitute something else for your AR addiction, like; Ah, how about a nice .308 tactical bolt gun?

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm kinda glad there aren't inexpensive AR10's on every corner; i'd be making the block a lot. :D I don't shoot enough to deserve the priviledge of owning an AR10, but one day i'll break down & get one.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Dog, you do realize that coming to us with that problem is kinda like going to an opium den to discuss kicking opium.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Well, I'll just do as the current administration is doing. I'll dig deeper and deeper until I get to the other side. :rolleyes:

Give in to the dark side and feel the power, it is such a rush ;)

So your saying theirs hope? Phew, for a minute there I thought I was in trouble :p

6. LegatoRedrivers

LegatoRedrivers New Member

Wait, you mean this isn't an opium den?

*puts down pipe* :(

7. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery.

The next step is to pack up all that contraband...and ship it to me

8. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

I will help you dog!

Send all ar's and vairiants to me ( ill pay for the shipping) and any time you want to spend more cash on them send that to me as well:D

I will do it for YOU, but this one time only offer will expire.............never:D

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

10. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Egg sucking dawg.

I started to be concerned there for a minute. I hope your butt grows together and you can't crap for a month. :eek: Send that stuff to I'll suffer through it. Low down VARMIT.

11. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Your supposed to be staying calm there big guy.:D

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I got your back You just need to send me 2 of your AR and I will keep them at my house until you can handle having them back.
    I will pm you my guys FFL and I will even send $35 each for shipping.

13. propex

propex New Member

My name is Dog and I am an AR addict
    Step 1 :D

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

This really is not a big deal. Buy a Garand and diversify. You'll be glad you did. ;)

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

It's too late for me- save yourself!

It started innocently enuff- just a simple little 22 rifle. Nothing fancy- I could quit any time. Yeah, any time- that's the ticket- any time at all- yeah.

Then I found a different model of the same make. No problem, it's just a 22. A single shot bolt action. And then I found the autos- and the pumps, and the levers. And the ones that load from the front, the ones that load from the rear- and the ones with nylon stocks.

And then I started to get hooked on the hard stuff- the 30-30s, and then the 30-06s, the M-1 Carbines- Winchesters, Brownings, Remingtons- and then the Euro stuff- 8mm, 7 mm. 6.5's- but I could quit any time- yeah- any time.

And then this morning I woke up on the sidewalk. Wrapped up in an old copy of Shotgun News, with cleaning patches sewn together for a blanket, and a benchrest bag for a pillow.

I was first in line for the gun show. :rolleyes: Heard they got some nice shotguns here today.

16. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Move to D.C. or Maryland.

Problem pretty much solved :(

17. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

Taking away the guns won't solve the problem, no matter what they say.

Send me all your ammo, and any reloading stuff you have so you can't make your own anymore.

18. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Jeez - you need an "intervention" or you need to get to an GOA meeting quick (that's Gun Owner's Anonymous BTW, not Gun Owner's of America). Nancy Reagan's mantra saved me from a similar fate. "Just Say No!"

19. WONTLETYOU

WONTLETYOU New Member

i think the right thing to do would to offer my services as your sponser, let me have your ARs and that will relieve you of all temptations. problems solved. that was easy huh

20. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

Problem? AR's? nooooo. The AR's arent getting in the way of your family or life; family and life are getting in the way of your AR's. So time to upgrade the family and buy some new parts for them. Maybe get them all an AR and maintain them for them.