Guys- Hide Your Razors!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by AusLach, Oct 13, 2010.

1. AusLach

AusLach New Member

I got out of the shower this morning to get ready for work and was looking pretty untidy so I decided to have a shave. The razor was sitting on the sink after being opened only the other day (used once). I lathered up and slid the razor down from my ear in the first stoke pretty vigorously. The bloody thing was blunt as anything, it felt like sandpaper! :confused: To my shock I looked up into the mirror and saw streaks of blood dripping down my neck.

I swapped heads and finished while trying to stem the blood flow, complaining to my girlfriend about what had happened. She seemed extremely quiet on the subject so I asked her what was up..

"Oh I got in the shower last night and my own razor was blunt so I used yours instead.."

:mad::mad:

Well I would've been better off going to work looking a little untidy because it would've looked better than the plaster I had to wear to cover the inch-long cut down my face!

In happier news, we went shopping yesterday and bought a new bed and mattress for our room (KING SIZED :D). The one we have now is a hand-me-down and as such, has sagged pretty severely. Our new one will arrive later in the week so hopefully I'll be able to sleep a little better!

2. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I can not keep a new Razor around my girls. I go to use it and like you say it feels like sandpaper!!! They can't even tell me when they use it so I can put a new blade on it. I have gotten used to it now but it really used to piss me off:D

3. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Oh man, my wife does the same thing. I feel your pain....

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

If I ever write that damn book (one of a few) explaining to young men how to be in control of their relationships from the get go, the razor thing will have it's own chapter. It takes only once to learn, and if any of you have not learned, then it is time to buy them razors of their own.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

My wife had the habit of throwing mine around the sink and it ends up with nicks, bent blades, etc. After I went three days without shaving, I explained why. She has not touched it since.

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I must have lucked out because my gf loves me more when I am sporting a scraggly beard. :D Me I like a nice smooth face because the scraggly beard itches and is annoying but the woman loves it. :confused:

Eh, what can I do? :rolleyes:

7. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Wife did the same thing to me!

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

As a woman, I think if we insist men have to lift the toilet seat to pee and put it back down when they're done, then we should keep our hands off their razors. I have never used anyone's razor but my own. I think it's rude to just take someone else's razor and use it without asking/informing. Just my opinion.

9. zhuk

zhuk New Member

All that 'bathroom appliances' stuff should be for-the-use-of-stipulated-individuals only. Pays to be single sometimes lol

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My wife never touches my razor. I hate shaving so I only use it about twice a week.

11. jca1

jca1 New Member

Me and you are lucky. My wife like me a little scruffy too. I'm glad cause I hate to shave.

12. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit New Member

You men should by them all Brazilian Bikini Wax kits. Will work on any hair anywhere on their body they want gone. No sharp objects involved, just need a microwave. Make sure they do it when you're not home, it's painful.

13. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I've had that happen more than once. The razor just jerked out the whiskers, it hurt.

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I have an unusual situation in that for the longest time I have used disposible razors, and with my beard, it gets one use. If I try to reuse it, I end up paying for it with cuts, so I just throw them out. Problem solved.

Like Spitty, I hate shaving because I have been doing it forever, so I try to get it done 3 times a week.

For Christmas last year I got one of those high end, old school, double edged, single blade, chrome handed barbershop razor thingies. That damn thing is the Devil! :eek: Those razors blades cut thru my beard with no problems and usually have me looking like I got my shave done by Edward Scissorhands and his assistant Freddy Krueger. I believe I still have the first package of 6 blades that came with the damn thing and there are at least 3 unopened blades in there.

15. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

I’ve recently taken up shaving with my FTF Mora knife. Since I’ve learned how to keep it sharp, it does a very good job, but gotta be careful!
    Single at present, but the first woman whom actually shaves her legs with it, I will probably get married again.:confused:

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member