Guy in Florida foils bank robber.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by PIMking, Apr 30, 2010.

1. PIMking

PIMking New Member

ON CBS right now that a guy stopped a bank robber at gun point. Seems to be getting good press.

2. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

You got a link?

3. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Yeah searching for it now.

4. PIMking

PIMking New Member

ugh.. The early show doesn't have a dang link. Basically dude walks into bank and tries to rob the lady. GG pulls out a pistol, BG Craps his pants and surrenders, Cops show up, GG is a Hero.

5. GeauxTigersGuy

GeauxTigersGuy New Member

Here's one. With video too.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Great stuff.

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Mr. Torres..............:cool:

[​IMG]

Jack

8. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Hey, down here in Florida we don't mess around. Badguys BEWARE!! Good work!! Keep it up Florida citizens.

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Way to go old man!!! :cool:

10. utf59

utf59 New Member

First, I think he did a great thing. But...

If he had to go out to the parking lot to retrieve his gun from his vehicle, did he think about calling 911? I'm sure the bank has an alarm, but he could have given a description, etc. Now it worked out that he gave them the whole bad guy, but I would also want the cops to know who I was if I were going back in with the gun.

That's the second time he's had to go to a parking lot to get a gun. Maybe it's time to carry it on his person?

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

And a couple extra mags! [​IMG]

12. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

I love these stories!

But, since everyone is safe, time for the monday morning quarterback.

Why the hell did he get on top the suspect? It said the cops came in and handcuffed him, so he is on top of the suspect that isnt even cuffed. Dumb move in my mind, could have possibly turned for the bad.

*Side note*
    Say you are in this situation. You stop a BG at gun point, tell him to lay on the ground, hands behind back. If you happen to have cuffs do you
    1. attempt to place him in cuffs
    2. have a bystander place cuffs on him, while you you keep aimed in center mass
    3. dont place in cuffs for the possibility of violating civil rights and liberties

just a scenario i've ran in my head a couple of times

13. freefall

freefall New Member

Who has cuffs? Can you even buy cuffs? Maybe should carry a couple cable ties with the spare mag??

14. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

It is best if you do have a situation to just put the BG on the ground on his face with his arms out and palms up. You keep distance away from him about 8-10 feet and tell him to not move then call the police and just wait until they get there and let them cuff him/her up. Cuffing someone is one of the most dangerous things you can do.

Anyone can buy handcuffs as they are not a restricted item. But they are a pain in the A** to carry in plain clothes. Linda and I carry a couple of Quick cuffs, they are a braided nylon material with a plastic clip that slides down and tightens the loops up. They are one time use and have to be cut off.

But again I don’t advise anyone who has not been trained to try and use handcuffs. BTW this is my professional advice, distance is your friend. You don’t want to be rolling on the ground with a BG fighting for your gun.