Gunzilla

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by BigBeau45, Jan 22, 2012.

1. BigBeau45

BigBeau45 New Member

Anybody used gunzilla to clean there guns?

2. msup752

msup752 New Member

It is all I use. Almost all of the LE agencies in my area use it.
    It is almost scent free and safe to handle plus it cleans very well and leaves a slick surface behind when it is wiped off. The Gunzilla website has testimonials from combat troops. Since you wipe it clean, it does not attract dust and other crud like petroleum based CLP's.
    The only complaint I have heard and it was on these boards, is that it does not prevent rust as well as some oils.

3. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I use it. I like that it does't smell the room up like Hoppes #9. But sometimes I use Hoppes just because it smells like cleaning guns. Most stuff out there will do the job. Incredible neglected or dirty jobs might take something stronger. Normal cleaning the stuff is worth it.

4. roscoguy

roscoguy New Member

Another Gunzilla user here. It seems to work as well as Hoppe's #9 or Benchrest as far as bore a cleaner, IME. Also seems to do the job as a protectant, but my guns aren't subjected to any extreme conditions as a rule.

I originally bought it so that I wouldn't have to hear "What's that smell?" whenever I cleaned my guns indoors. ;) Outside, I still use the Benchrest for cleaning; mostly because I bought the BIG bottle some years back.