Gunsnet

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Shooter, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Does anyone know the full back story of what the hell happened to Gunsnet?

First THR and then Gunsnet.

To be honest and probably rude I don't understand why people stick with those forums once they come back online. A giant security breach at a firearm forum seems really unacceptable to me.

2. freefall

freefall New Member

I hadn't heard about anything happening to THR. But I'm not terribly well informed about interweb stuff.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Like some grown up kids who "have" to move back into the parent's house, some people are afraid to leave the nest.

4. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

*shrug*

Googled "gunsnet security breach" and the only relevant search result was your post :eek:

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

All of this is news to me. Can anyone share a little more detail?

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Which THR did this happen at?

I remember that a few years ago THR had this big fight on who owned the forum One was the tech guy who put everything in his name the other was that musad ayoob guy (Spelling sucks). So they split and were fighting like two teenage girls on the forums.

I started a thread asking what was going on and it got nuked with no reason. I started another thread asking why the other thread got nuked and it got nuked. I pmed the mods and asked them what the hell was up and they said no one was to talk about it at all and if I posted another thread or post about the two then I could leave and go whine on the .us site. I haven't been back there since.

The High Road is full of mall ninjas and idiots that don't know **** about firearms.

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

THR went through some major issues and the outcome is now two seperate THR:

THR - Powered by vBulletin
    TheHighRoad.US - Powered by vBulletin

Gunsnet used to be a giant forum with IIRC millions of posts. It is where I first got started in firearm forums. Then it went down, something about stolen servers or databases and now it's back with under 50k posts.

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I'm a member of THR (both) and TFL but to be honest I haven't been on any of them in a long time. Tango is correct about the mall ninjas, and the fanboys are extremely obnoxious. No sense of humor at all on those sites...

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I found the same thing on XDtalk and I'm an XD fan. It's a shame too, there was some good information there but you had to dig thru so much BS it wasn't worth it.