Gunsmithing schools

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by Copeman60, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

Does anyone know of any online gunsmithing schools that are worth checking out. I considered AGI (America gunsmith intuition) but the price drove me away. I don't have the time or money to go to a legit hands on school so I have to do the online schooling for now. Please share your thoughts an info..

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Since you have joined this site there have been many discussions on this subject. please just do a search for 'gunsmithing school' or just 'school'.

3. zeke73

zeke73 New Member

Yes, I to can not get away from work and family to go to a hands on school. I wasn't sure about the AGI school so I started with the Practical Gunsmithing course to see if it would work. The format is about as hands on as you can get and if it goes over your head the first time you can just play it over. I like many other's if I see it done I get it but reading just don't cut it for me. I do plan on upgrading to the higher course's but like you say kind of pricey but you have that info to always look back to. I do plan on taking a Machine shop course in lathe and milling from the local tech school. I would also do a welding course, but that is what I do for a living so don't need that but I think it would be worth to learn. And like said there is a lot on this if you do a search on this. And you will learn a lot on this site if you just read or ask, someone will help.

4. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I have some of the AGI DVDs for specific guns. I recently completed the coursework @ PennFoster Univ.(online) and next ill do the hands on at my local CC here...for me because of mobility issues online was better to get started.