Gunsmith holds gun for 8 months

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by willshoum, Mar 31, 2014.

1. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Local gun smith has my mod. 881 22 cal. marlin for 8 months and it's not fixed and takes a half hour to find the gun in his home...........I guess I'm lucky he didn't charge me a holding fee.............I'm gonna order the parts and try to repair the bolt on my own..................This arse hole has a home full of guns that need repair, and most likely will never get done..............:mad::mad::mad:

2. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

time to find a new gun smith,i do most my own simple repairs but for major things i hide the broken gun and buy a new one and lie to the wife about it:D

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Wills, get your gun back before it disappears.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

Sounds like he lost future business.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Documentation has a lot going for it.
    Include What is to be done, Who gets what, and When the expected completion date is, and the estimated cost (allow +/- 10%).

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

My gunsmith is way behind, but he tells you before you drop off your gun, it will be a couple months before he can get to your gun. It's not like he is deceiving anyone. You know exactly what you are getting into.

7. Mauserdoc

Mauserdoc New Member

There are only two reasons that a smith should keep a firearm that long. He/she has so much work that they are tremendously behind, or they just don't care about customers. Personally, I would go get it and take it elsewhere. Possibly even try and get someone here to walk you through the fix if not too complicated.

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Finding a gunsmith around here is tough, but

the ones I've met are competent. Maybe I'm lucky.

9. willshoum

willshoum New Member

screwed..............

I was going to make the repairs myself or attemt to. My grand daughters dad said that he cold get it fixed for nothing and he knew this old gent pretty well. After 8 months I got the rifle back. He told me the old man had to go all thru his house just to find my rifle..............Tomorrow I'm ordering the parts, then a new scope. Squirrels beware. And things that fly or any thing with four legs for that matter.............I got me a new big azz cast iron pot I need to break in......:D

10. SteveK

SteveK New Member

You never did say what the problem was with your 22 rifle. Something about the bolt, could be easy to fix.

11. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Ive got to change out the bullet carrier, the bullet guide and the safety. And if that don't work see what else is wrong, the bullet guide I think is the worse of the problems. I might have to remove the barrel..............