Gunshow this weekend - St. Charles, Mo.

Discussion in 'Gun Shows' started by sheriffjohn, Nov 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

November 28 & 29 St. Charles Convention Center. Still cautious about selling some modern firearms (pistols, AR's), I fear private sales are going to be shut down due to the recent election. Have one table rented ($75). Cleaning out piles of unfinished projects, collector items, ammo for guns I no longer own and a couple of hunting guns perhaps. Hope reloading stuff goes better this time. Arming street gang members is not high on my list.

2. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Perhaps an hour before closing today while a dealer was distracted by an accomplice, a thug used wire cutters to cut the cable linking pistols together, grabbed two pistols and ran for an exit. "GET HIM! GET HIM!" was what I heard. Cops chasing through the crowd put the "Habeus Grabbus" on him just inside the exit doors. Two pistols recovered with wire cutter.

Last night two vendors' vehicles were broken intio and a bit of theiving from tables also.

Show has deteriorated from a classy event to flea market crap mixed among gun sellers. Although I sold most of my good items the first day, 6.5 and 6mm Creedmoor and .260 Remington brass did not sell well. Good optics went well as did my Savage A-22 rifle and a Benjamin pellet rifle. 9mm, ,45 ACP, .380, .40 S&W bagged assorted ammo sold the first half-hour. Most requested item - primers. Most needed item - suspenders for "saggers".

Outrageous prices on ammo, pistols, and AK/AR's. Lots of "Tactical", not much for serious target shooters nor huinters. Masks required, pistols and "black guns" had to be tied down to the tables with cables. One guy selling MRE's dated 1986 @ $3 ea. Still had fun.

Rifling82 likes this.