Gunshop that sold Nancy Lanza her Bushmaster...

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by DFlynt, Apr 5, 2013.

1. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Did he know that Nancy's son was mentally ill?

Was the gun bought for her son, and if so did the shop owner know this?

Did the shop owner knowingly break any laws when he sold that gun to Nancy?

If the answer to all of this is no, then they had no right to shut him down. They're just punishing someone for someone elses crime.

3. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

That's why I said I'll be interested in seeing how this pans out.

4. HankStone

HankStone New Member

Why do I feel like I've been put in a time machine,and sent back to the Clinton-Reno 90s,with the ATF singing the hair off the back of my neck with their flaming breath?

5. JWagner

JWagner New Member

6. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

7. Cshooter

Cshooter New Member

Stolen guns, I don't buy it. Unless the guy is very careless wih how his shop is set up, how does one make off with an AR and nobody notices? I have been to about 8 or 9 different stores here in RI, and every one of them had the guns either behind the counter out of reach, or on the floor locked with a cable running through them. If you want to look at something, you need to ask. Then they stand there with you until you are done. I'm not buying that bs.

8. HankStone

HankStone New Member

No it's this,not dotting the "i" or crossing the "t" that will sink you with the ATF..

This I Know!

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

subscribing to this thread to find out what happens! very curious.

10. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Absolutely correct. I held n FFL for five years and actively sold to the public. I have denied sales before simply because I felt there was something illegal going on, but if the 4473 is filled out correctly, how much farther does the dealer have to go? Am I supposed to ask if they lied on the form? Do they have any friends or family who are mentally incompetent or felons? Forget mentally incompetent - have they ever seen a therapist or been treated for ADHD? What about your neighbors? Are any of them crazy or felons? What do you mean you don't know?!?! Well then I can't sell you a gun...you may loan it out or not keep it locked in a $3,000, 600 lb safe and then where are we?

We as humans can only do so much to be dutiful and compliant. NO gun shop owner wants his weapons used to kill people illegally. But at some point this America is going to have to realize people are responsible for their own actions and the government cannot legislate morality. They act, they take responsibility and they are judged. The same as everyone with a carry permit acts every day.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Have seen nothing that directly connects the sale to Mom and license being suspended. The issue of accounting for stock is the stated problem- and it sounds like dealer was being ripped by a part time employee.

If you cannot show a 1 to 1 relation in your bound book between guns acquired and guns disposed of..... "Houston.... We have a problem"

12. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The article made it apparent that this owner had a real inventory control problem. It also inferred that he was notified of the revocation 60 days before the day of the raid and did not respond to stop the revocation. If you have a license, you must play their game their way if you expect to keep it. However, I'm sure the Sandy Hook incident brought excessive attention to his less-than-perfect record. I believe that Mrs. Lanza could have bought a weapon from the most fastidious FFL dealer and that incompetence of the dealer was not necessarily a component of putting the weapon in Adam's hand. That seems to have been the sole responsibility of the Mother.