Gunshop owner opens up on van that drove through front doors

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by downsouth, Aug 30, 2012.

1. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Sad he had to do it but glad he survived it!

2. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Holy s**t! All that damage from just one van ramming the place?

It's too bad that the store owner had to shoot but he did what he had to do to protect his property and save his own life. 3 more bad guys off the street, thanks to him.

3. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

K'Raven Goodwin and his buds failed victim selection 100. K'Raven became worm food and his two buds got holed; as is should be. Good on the business owner.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  4. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Three rocket scientists right there. "Let's rob a gun store, nobody there will be and armed and it will be an easy job." Darwin Awards candidates for sure.

5. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

3 scumbags got what they deserved! I feel bad for the owner, though...not an easy ordeal to go thru I am sure. But he did what he had to do...

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nice shooting to be honest. He hit all three and killed one with the adrenalin up. I was impressed that he went for what appeared to an AR variant, every store I have ever shopped the guys are all wearing pistols, I would have thought he would have instinctively went there.

Good for him.

7. 70cuda383

70cuda383 New Member

The article reads like it happened at night, when the place was closed. The crooks thought the place would be empty, but it sounds like the store is a family owned place and the owners live at the store?

8. gvw3

gvw3 New Member

If you start to see more of this the bad guys may think twice about a life of crime.

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Those steel building walls are probably thinner than the bodywork on the van. I would reinforce the walls or maybe put a line of concrete and steel bollards around the place if I were him.

Either way, great shooting. I wonder what ammo he used? Is that rifle a .308?

10. Rarity

Rarity New Member

and I thought nobody would rob a gunshop.. ;)

11. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

It's great that he got supporting coverage from the TV station. In some places you'd have a cute li'l know-it-all dingbat shaking her head and saying, "When are "they" going to do something about the guns?". But this lady appears to have her head on straight.