Guns you wish you could buy,

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by BeyondTheBox, Nov 6, 2012.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

but don't because it doesn't meet your requirements or desires/needs for one reason or another?

AMT Backup II 380 - no manual hammer and requires tool for takedown.

God do I love that thing, even wished they made an SA version of the 45 just so I could add it to the list!

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

M-134A

I let my helo license lapse so I cannot fly around shooting up the hood anymore.

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

That might be so but you still have your faithful 10mm and your troll license don't you?;)

4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Isn't that what Schwartiloser once carried around a jungle shooting aliens or cyborgs or something?

5. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

I wish that I could buy.....one of each.

6. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Some guns that are highly desirable I never get into them because there is no place to shoot them in this area. Landowners don't want people shooting rifles on their land. They have seen how well slug guns work and in their opinion that's all you need. Alcoa owns a lot of land in this area. They will happily write a permission slip to hunt on their land but getting a rifle permission slip is impossible. They own the land so their opinion rules.

I wish landowners opinions would change so I could consider other guns.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  7. hmh

hmh New Member

AA12, m249, select fire 10/22

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  8. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Beyond the Box:
    Have you never bought a gun simply because you wanted it, and had the money for it?

I've bought many just for the experience of owning and firing that gun. Some (most) I've kept, others I sold or traded. Retained the experience, though.

Bob Wright

9. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

Yup, I just bought a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special. I just couldn't resist. Felt kinda guilty at first but got over it!

10. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Basically every gun! If I had to narrow it down I've always wanted a cheytec intervention, I'm not sure why cause I don't have any use for it

11. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

AA12, Fn Ps90, Fn 5.7

12. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

A lot of 'em... Lack of cash.... Seems all the guns I want are reaching the $1,000+ mark. :( :(
    (Like that Mateba... )

13. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

I would like a 1935 smith and wesson first year registered magnum and a 1955 first year pre 29 44 magnum.

14. Garadex

Garadex New Member

A full auto AK. Because I like the AK and I could occasionally waste ammo in full auto. But this is the handgun section so i'd have to say that full auto Beretta pistol

15. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

It was an Auuunald movie (Predator) but Jessie the body Ventura was actually who carried it around the jungle mowing down trees & stuff.

16. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

I would love to replace the Nickel high polished 8 inch barrel Colt Python that was stolen from me in the '80's....
    Those bad boys are too dmm expensive now though.

17. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

Smith and Wesson victory model and a Luger!

18. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

That was actually a .30 cal vulcan gun. Big difference. Robo knows what I'm referring to and that's all that matters

19. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I have indeed, they're why I've created my list of requirements/criteria that anything I purchase now must meet.

I don't like every gun, not even close. I don't like every anything.

Guns I've bought just because were my first, and basically my education in what I would and wouldn't like in guns:

Ruger LCP & LC9, DAO trigger, found out quickly how much I dislike them.

Glock 30, the only DAO trigger type I like, shouldn't even be able to be called that, but lack of manual safety is unacceptable to me. Didn't even know to look for one before I bought it, now I do.

20. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

I've wanted a Smith & Wesson model 41 for years but seem to have always talked myself out of it because of the cost.