guns in schools?!?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by BULLET9992, Mar 1, 2013.

1. BULLET9992

BULLET9992 New Member

Herring isd (independent school district), a public school in Texas has had teachers conceal carrying since 2007. Not every teacher is eligible. A select few go through additional checks & loads of training. Essentially an armed task force, response team, or emergency response team. Highly trained few. What do y'all think about possibly following their school safety model? (sever school districts in TX & other states recently have)

2. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

It needs to be done no doubt about it if we continue to keep schools "gun free" it will continue to be a place wear crazy people go to do their killing and to get on the news add guns in the hands of trained individuals and this abruptly will stop I guarantee you.

3. BULLET9992

BULLET9992 New Member

You can then also post on the entrances & exits of the school "school secured by armed response team" or somthin along those lines. Show of force usually does it. I believe 80% of crimes stopped with a firearm is without 1 shot fired. We have to end these free fire zones

4. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

They don't NEED any more training than anyone else would. More over kill!:(

5. BULLET9992

BULLET9992 New Member

I feel like if I'm gonna send my kid to school safety is a big issue. Even if they don't NEED that extra training I'm more than willing for them to use my tax dollars to improve shooting skills & safety habits. A teacher at the school I work for used to competition shoot with a 45 auto. But firearms skills are perishable & need up kept.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

a school in the town i work in and live near just approved CC in the school.

http://palestineherald.com/local/x964875421/WISD-board-OKs-first-reading-of-Guardian-Plan-policy

that was the first step and meeting about it. just last week it was voted on. the vote was for it at, 5 to 1!

not only do they have to have a CC permit, they have to have additional training before they are going to be allowed to carry in the school. i personally have talked to a couple of the teachers and coaches, and i was very suprised they were definately in favor of this happening.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  7. BULLET9992

BULLET9992 New Member

Nice. I think it'll pay off in the long run as well as disprove the "wild west" that they claim will come if it. BTW did you know that gun murders were double in high density cities where guns were outlawed than the open carry "wild west" towns? Even the derogatory comment they think is so clever is a hypocritical blunder

8. Axxe55

well many years ago when CC was made legal in the state of Texas and other states, people who disapproved of it, said there would be blood running in the streets! funny that never happened.

fact is many states and cities that have less restrictive gun laws seem to haver a lesser crime to population ratio and those with the most restrictive have a higher ratio. that's funny as well.

9. BULLET9992

BULLET9992 New Member

Yeah, "wild west" blood in the street for conceal carry were the predictions. Actually decreased crime substantially. Same with open carry where it's available. Liberals fight with propaganda & fear tactics, we fight with proven statistics & time tested facts

10. BULLET9992

BULLET9992 New Member

BTW I'm in Texas & they keep pushing for open carry. That would be awesome

11. Axxe55

personally, IMO i feel CC is much more prudent, but i'd still like to see it as an option.

i'm in Texas too. East Texas!

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

The schools probably have to prove the people carrying in the schools have been trained to react in a specific way. I imagine it's for insurance and liability reasons. like LEO's, firemen, nurses, etc., there has to be some sort of training on how to handle situations. Even in our own homes we have a plan on what to do if someone threatens us.

13. Axxe55

i will say this. i see this a positive change in thinking upon the part of the schools. especially in light of some of the recent events in schools. peoples perceptions are changing, slowly but it is changing. they want their children to be safe. and many are seeing those with a CC permit and a firearm could make all the difference in the world. and if it only saved one child from some deranged killer, then it's worth it.

sad we live in a time when we do need people armed in our schools to protect these children.

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Unfortunately, if you study history, emotion wins out over reason most of the time.:(:(

15. BULLET9992

BULLET9992 New Member

i'm in Texas too. East Texas![/QUOTE]

Where at? I'm in Tyler?

16. BULLET9992

BULLET9992 New Member

My father's generation had shooting teams at their school in illinois. Now it's one of the most anti gun states & crimes continually go up as the gun rights go down. My generation lives a fear based society striving for an unrealistic utopian world & refuses to accept responsibility for what we've done or not don. We need to wake up & live in reality. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, that's why cops carry. Also, when you drop off your kids at school, the district & their teachers are fully responsible for your children's education & safety. So is it not ridiculous that they don't conider time tested methods of threat response in the current free fire zones other that hiding in the corner & hoping the shooter doesn't pick your class? Let's be realistic & be productive. **** the media & piss on the cowards. We've got to change for the better & save some damn kids!

17. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

It's funny how after Newtown, the government and liberals who are at the top are pushing for "gun control" but schools and local governments are pushing for more gun rights. It seems as though the local governments know what is best for themselves and their community, as opposed to the federal government casting a blanket legislation. Support state and local governments!

18. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Why are you not allowed to conceal carry.

19. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

In Texas you can conceal carry with a permit. "Open Carry" is when you carry a loaded gun in a holster in public where everyone can see it. Open carry is currently banned in Texas except for a land owner on his own private property.

20. SB777

SB777 New Member

The criminal, Adam Lanza, in the Newtown, CT shooting was a sociopath. I'm no psychiatrist but, from what I've read and heard in discussions with psychiatrists on the subject, I believe he never would have committed the crime at the school had he known that there was someone with a firearm at that location to defend the students and teachers. If someone at the administrative offices had a firearm and resisted his assault he probably would have retreated or committed suicide well before he ever got near the classrooms. That's what he did as soon as he saw the police approaching.